Too many bottomfeeders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
In my 37g tank, would there be too many bottom feeders if I added 4 Kuhli loaches?
10 rummynose
10 Von rio flame tetras
4 Julii Cory cats
2 German blue rams
2 honey gouramis?
I wanted to add a bn pleco but I think I like Kuhli loaches better

In my 37g tank, would there be too many bottom feeders if I added 4 Kuhli loaches?
10 rummynose
10 Von rio flame tetras
4 Julii Cory cats
2 German blue rams
2 honey gouramis?
I wanted to add a bn pleco but I think I like Kuhli loaches better

If you add Kuhlis you'll most likely need to feed sinking wafers. I have some cories in my 20g and if I don't feed them their wafers they act sad and hide away. I would recommend feeding wafers to your current cories and perhaps soon to have kuhlis, 1 for each small bottom feeder every other day. Make sure your Kuhlis have lots of hiding places. They are more confident in larger groups.

If you have algae and hate scrubbing it down, go for the pleco instead of the Kuhlis. The pleco will also eat sinking pellets.

Also, make sure you have better filtration than that for a 37g, this is pretty overstocked as it is without the Kuhlis.

I am fine with feeding wafers. As of now my Cory's eat shrimp pellets and flakes, and they seem fine. I don't have really any algea and I have 2 nerite snails that keep it in good shape.
My filter is doing fine.
But I think I'll add 4 spotted kuhlis soon

I am fine with feeding wafers. As of now my Cory's eat shrimp pellets and flakes, and they seem fine. I don't have really any algea and I have 2 nerite snails that keep it in good shape.
My filter is doing fine.

You can add more than 4. Maybe 6. No issue. Not a big-bioload fish.

My filter is doing fine.

Just make sure you have lots of base area. They can get up to 4".

Back
Top Bottom