Tropical stocking, continuous update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puffymcstuff

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yesterday, I sold my two pictus catfish, bumblebee cichlid, acei cichlid, red zebra cichlid, and BST. That left and albino and a peppered Cory with a plecostomus. Right after, on the same day, I bought 5 BSTs, 2 albino and a peppered Cory cats, 7 neon tetra and 3 ghost shrimp. It is a sixty gallon hex, and I was wondering when I can buy more fish.
I was planning on adding 3 DGs, (all male; thats all that petsmart has :() a school of five other tetra, a school of something like rasbora hets, some other danio, OR cherry barbs. Also, I plan on getting angels(2).
Whatcha think? And can u answer my question?

You can add fish in another week as long as you keep up on your PWC and the levels seem fine. The three male DGs is not really an option, they will get terriotiral with one another. The only exception I have had is with two male honey gouramis I have kept that adored each other and followed each other around. They're in the fish heaven up above now. :(
What is a rasbora het?

bruinsbro1997 said:
You can add fish in another week as long as you keep up on your PWC and the levels seem fine. The three male DGs is not really an option, they will get terriotiral with one another. The only exception I have had is with two male honey gouramis I have kept that adored each other and followed each other around. They're in the fish heaven up above now. :(
What is a rasbora het?

I think another word for them is harlequin rasboras. also, can I do 1 or 2 DGs? I really like them. And should I Change the water once the week? And when, if at any point, should I change my filter cartridge? Cuz I heard that it helps the biological filter.

NNONONONONON, don't change the filter cartridge that is bad, you'll be getting rid of all that beneficial bacteria you've been waiting for in cycling! Harlequins are an excellent option, and I would try just one for now.

bruinsbro1997 said:
NNONONONONON, don't change the filter cartridge that is bad, you'll be getting rid of all that beneficial bacteria you've been waiting for in cycling! Harlequins are an excellent option, and I would try just one for now.

Ok... Ok... And one DG?
Also, any other suggestions for small schools other than tetra?

Puffymcstuff said:
Ok... Ok... And one DG?
Also, any other suggestions for small schools other than tetra?

If you wanted a small school of rainbows would look cool. You can try three DGs if it doesn't work out you can always take them back to the store.

There's this thing at petsmart that is dwarf rainbow, whatcha think that is? Also, I will keep you guys posted with pics and stuff, I'm sooo excited!

No, maybe when I go back to petsmart, but dwarf neon rainbow sounds correct. Are they kind of like DGs?

bruinsbro1997 said:
Are there any other fish you wanted to keep? If not good luck and hope to see some pics of it soon!

I absolutely adore orange Von rios and serpaes. Which should I do? Also, I think we discussed this, angelfish are a must have for me. I'm going to buy them as babies when I do.
Is there anything else besides DGs and DRs that stay relatively small, and get just as colorful?

bruinsbro1997 said:
There are peacock gudgeons if you like, or any other oddball that you can find and are peaceful. Black ghost kinves look graceful and elegant.

I've been told that balk ghost knives get like 12" and swim on the bottom mostly. That's where my Cory cats and neons are. I love the look of them but I don't want my other fish to be eaten.

Well yess they are predatorial so there is the big possibility they can eat your other fish, but only tiny ones like neons or cardinals! And no IME when my grandma tried to keep one it liked the top more.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Well yess they are predatorial so there is the big possibility they can eat your other fish, but only tiny ones like neons or cardinals! And no IME when my grandma tried to keep one it liked the top more.

But, I have a sixty gallon hex, and most top dwellers I have bought stay bear the bottom. But yea, I think I'm going to do a PWC today and go back to petsmart in a few days.

The first one is my tank, second is my cave with pleco, and third is my school of neons with some BSTs in front of my driftwood.

Attachments

• image-3368239292.jpg
    image-3368239292.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 153
  • image-3159576848.jpg
    image-3159576848.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 150
  • image-280986022.jpg
    image-280986022.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom