Trouble identifying cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chest Rockwell

Aquarium Advice Activist

Does anyone know what kind of American cichlid this might be? It looks almost like a firemouth, but it isn't

Geophagus brasiliensis, the Pearl Cichlid. These get large and can be pretty nasty, not like the surinamensis-type geophagus.

Well i bought it thinking it was a female fire mouth.....geez

At that size there would be no physical way to tell if it was a male or female short of venting it and even then that would be a bit of a long shot. These are what Meeki around that size would look like

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Definitely not an acara of any type. Geophagus brasiliensis, 99% sure

Na looks like a puffer to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I work at an animal shelter and everyone there knows I'm the fish/reptile guy. We had a parachromis dovii get brought in on seize hold (taken from a search warrant, if the person is being arrested, we impound all living animals in the home). I was asked what it was, knew right away. Some honestly tried to correct me and said it was a managuense haha I'm still a little bitter from that. Nobody there knows fish like me, not to sound egotistic...this isn't the first time my opinion on exotics has been disregarded

So I work at an animal shelter and everyone there knows I'm the fish/reptile guy. We had a parachromis dovii get brought in on seize hold (taken from a search warrant, if the person is being arrested, we impound all living animals in the home). I was asked what it was, knew right away. Some honestly tried to correct me and said it was a managuense haha I'm still a little bitter from that. Nobody there knows fish like me, not to sound egotistic...this isn't the first time my opinion on exotics has been disregarded

WOW. Would love to know the protocols on how that is handled. With transport and a suitable set up to hold it. Pm me the info if you have a chance so as not to train wreck the ops thread.

WOW. Would love to know the protocols on how that is handled. With transport and a suitable set up to hold it. Pm me the info if you have a chance so as not to train wreck the ops thread.

Because every meth king pin needs a 4lb. Murderous fish in their kingdom!! Walter white should have had an oscar named blue!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Right now it's a joke, but my department (animal control) is fighting to get it fixed but we're getting a lot of resistance from select people. I'll pm you more when I get home later tonight

First looks like a yellow Acura and second is a fire mouth

Back
Top Bottom