TT's 40b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plants, driftwood, and/or ferts? Maybe a heater in the top box?(edit- didnt see hecks post about the heater, not copying that from him)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bummer...Dick's won't fill my #5 tank...waiting for a couple breweries to open up to see if they are able...

sit in silence...

Bummer...Dick's won't fill my #5 tank...waiting for a couple breweries to open up to see if they are able...

sit in silence...

Are there any fire equipment stores in your area? I get mine filled up at one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Amy paintball/airsoft ranges in your area?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Found an AirGas location within 5 miles that will fill the tank for $12! Sweet!
Also placed an order for dhg"belem"(2"x2" clump)...

sit in silence...

So I've decided on a pair of gbr's,thinking neons maybe the shoal to go with but it's still not 100% decided on..
Also contimplating ei dosing,thoughts?

sit in silence...

Not much new other than the drop checker came today&seriously fighting the urge to prune back the 20L...
Hopefully I'll have plants in this weekend.
New #5 tank filled today for just under $12...

sit in silence...

Lookin good, brotha! Quick seedin or long cycling?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lookin good, brotha! Quick seedin or long cycling?

Thx PoppaRyno,as soon as the canister arrives I'll be adding seeded media.
For now fishless cycling using Brightwell products...
Those 24/7's are the "sleek"!

sit in silence...

Thats how ta do it, sir. Got some s. reps if you want some. Ill be trimming before too long.

The new hydor 250 canister filter arrived today,will set it up a little later&give an initial review..

sit in silence...

The new hydor 250 canister filter arrived today,will set it up a little later&give an initial review..

sit in silence...

Looking forward to the review.
Ease of setup, clear instructions, priming, noise, purging air, flow rate, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hydor 250 Canister Review
----------------------------------------------
First off what struck me was the quality of the materials used in its construction..Directions are fair at best but plenty of videos out there to aid in the setup...
First thing I did was give it a good cleaning,was a little dirty on the inside from a pretest by the manufactuer(no biggie)..
All tubing connections made with ring nuts for ease of mind..
The return(spraybar)&intake (strainer)are made of a strong clear plastic,nice nice..
Once I had everything setup priming the filter was a breeze...for it to prime correctly the canister must be empty of water,3 pushes of the priming button the canister fills up in moments,after filling up I powered it up,within a few minutes it was clear of air bubbles...
The flow rate was actually better than I thought it would be,the example being as the air was being purged I could visibly see the strength of flow(using the spray bar setup approx 24"L)within the tank..
A little noise during priming but extremely quiet afterwards(the only noise I can hear is from the Eheim Skim350,miniscule at best)...
The filter housing is nearly clear(for viewing) for ease of helping to determine when maintenance is due..
All in all I'm impressed with the Hydor Canister,very clean lines&an excellent addition to the 40b..

sit in silence...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom