Twitchy Clowns...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Omg! How much do you spend on food? And how much do you sell them for?

For them to reproduce everything has to be just right. I am not sure what everything entails but I am sure it include nutrients water quality salinity etc etc

Ok is it hard work taking care of newborns and will they always lay the eggs every 2 weeks? I mean thats a little much to me lol

You don't have make sure the fry survive everytime. You can just leave them be and let nature do the rest. Odds aren't good anywill survive but they may.

Very store dependent. If its chain store they aren't likely to take them nor would I personally subject a living creature to those living conditions

It can take a while,I think mine were doing it for over 6 weeks.
ok I think that they have made up there mind about who is the male and female but the male keeps chasing the female all over the tank and maybe one or two times a day the female will twich a little bit. What does this mean because right after she twitchs the male will twich a good bit almost right after she does

also when he chases her he will nip at her fins. Please help us we really want to start breeding soon

just leave them to it,they'll be fine.If you are hoping to breed you need a few other tanks,fotifer tank and baby brineshrimp breeder.

We have all right now we r just waiting on them to start laying the eggs

But he is the smaller one. He is only about 1.5 inches and she is about 2.25 inches

The clown that was lighter is a false percula (tank bred), the darker is the true percula (wild).
(You now can't tell them apart except from size, the true percula is the male. However if you look close enough and they stay still, the false perc's dorsal fins are taller)
Got them from different stores a couple of months apart.

sstanle4 said:
But he is the smaller one. He is only about 1.5 inches and she is about 2.25 inches

If the smaller one is chasing the big one and the big one is doing the twitching then your probably going to have a hard time pairing them. It should be the other way round! Is it possible you have two females? Or are they both males that are considerably different ages? If the latter, the big one would turn into the female not the small one. Your clowns are breaking all the rules! :)

Back
Top Bottom