UK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone here fishlessly cycled their tanks? I want to know what we have in the uk by way of pure ammonia. What brand/product names are there?

Fishies86 said:
Has anyone here fishlessly cycled their tanks? I want to know what we have in the uk by way of pure ammonia. What brand/product names are there?

I almost did :) but it turned unnecessary.
What I've found though was the Ammonia Sulphur from the garden department of B&Q (around £6 if I remember correctly.)

senemedar said:
I almost did :) but it turned unnecessary.
What I've found though was the Ammonia Sulphur from the garden department of B&Q (around £6 if I remember correctly.)

Oo, brilliant :) thanks very much!

I used fish flakes, my friend used a prawn. They can be just as reliable.

Hi, I've fishless cycled 4 tanks, ammonia can be got at Home Base. It really cuts down on the time to cycle if you can get some seed from an established tank.:fish2:

Cool :) I live on the isle of wight, and we don't have a homebase here. A Maidenhead aquatics is going to be opening this year though on the island :D I've already handed in my application form :D wish me luck!

Fishies86 said:
Cool :) I live on the isle of wight, and we don't have a homebase here. A Maidenhead aquatics is going to be opening this year though on the island :D I've already handed in my application form :D wish me luck!

Good luck :) well you can use ordinary fish food flakes

Nice to know there are a few people close to home who may be able to offer advice :) I've got two set ups at the moment, one which houses my five red belly piranha, and a plec. And just today I've finished setting up my breeding tank for red cherry shrimps :)

Nice to know there are a few people close to home who may be able to offer advice :) I've got two set ups at the moment, one which houses my five red belly piranha, and a plec. And just today I've finished setting up my breeding tank for red cherry shrimps :)
Hi I've never kept Piranha's,any chance of a photo:) I am breeding cherry shrimps at the moment,they are very prolific once they get started:lol: but very satisfying to see so many little one's:D

Back
Top Bottom