Unhealthy African Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhiatt41056

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two 90 gallon tanks that share the same filtration which is a 29 gallon sump. I have a mix of 17 africans from lake Malawi which are about 4 inches in average (some smaller and some bigger) in one and 11 Mwpimbwe Frontosas on the other which are about 4 inches also. I have notice that one of my Fronts, one of my Ice Blue Zebras and one of my Electric Blue Johannii have something white under one of there scales making it push outward. I just did a 25% water change and do a regular wc every week (25%). I also check my water parameters every week. My Ammonia is 0 nitrites 0 and Nitrates is about 15-20ppm. My GH and Kh I dont know. My PH is also 7.9. They dont seem to be acting different ie flashing, not eating sittin around not swimming. They seem to be normal. Can anyone help. Thanks.

Try this site:

http://www.fishpalace.org/Disease.html

and scan down to the section named 'viral infections/tumors'

Alot of times, tumors show up for no real reason. Just a genetic malfuntion that makes them appear. Some times, it won't affect the fish, and go away. Sometiems it will spread.

That's about all I know about the subject. Hope this helps.

I dont know what it is. I treated them all with clout hoping that if it is a parasite that it will kill it. The best description I can give is that when I first saw it I thought it to just be a scale that had gotten caught on a rock or something but when I noticed it on more than one fish I started to check it out a little better. The is something white under the scale pushing it putward. The funny thing about it is that it is in about the same spot and same side of the fish. The left side of the fish about 1/4 the way back from its head and a 1/4 of the way down below the dorsal fin. There is only one spot per fish. It has never been there until just a couple of days ago. As soon as I can I am going to try and post some pics.

Back
Top Bottom