Unknown fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davewint

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I'm new to this so I'm not really sure what I'm doing, but I'll have a go and see what happens, lol. I recently purchased 4 yellow mollies for my community tank turns out it was three mollies and this little terror, has anyone got any idea what it is? I'm thinking it might be a chiclid of some kind, can anyone please help. Thankyou

Attachments

• image-1170239497.jpg
    image-1170239497.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 138
Yes that looks like a cichlid to me. I'm thinking that it's african of some sort but I'm partially clueless when it comes to them.

Ok, I'll take it back, I'm not sure how it got mixed in, they should take better care, it doesn't seem to bother my other fish too much unless they get too close to it, how big wil it grow? Could I get another small tank and keep it by it's self, thankyou for your help

Yellow labs need to be in a 4' tank minimum... and as it gets bigger, it would likely kill off every fish in the tank. They're only compatible with other fish from lake malawi.

This is another fish In my tank which I'm not sure of, it doesn't seem to bother anything else, it's abit of a loaner, any ideas? Cheers

Attachments

• image-2917095002.jpg
    image-2917095002.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 145
This is another fish In my tank which I'm not sure of, it doesn't seem to bother anything else, it's abit of a loaner, any ideas? Cheers

I think that's the Peacock Gudgeon, also known as Peacock goby, Tateurndina ocellicauda. :D

Back
Top Bottom