Upgrade Lighting on 28 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DigitalWeigh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New here and hoping to get some advice on upgrade lighting. I have an AquaEuro USA 28 Gallon tank that has a lid that I am thinking of removing and replacing with an upgraded lighting system. Thinking of going with T5 H0 In either a 4 bulb or 6 bulb configuration. Here are a couple I was thinking of:

T5-HO Light Fixture - 4 x 24 W - 24"

Or

T5-HO Light Fixture with 4 Lunars - 6 x 24 W - 24"

I want the flexibility to grow a variety of hard and soft corals. At help on what I should be thinking about here - which is the better choice? Is the 6 bulb overkill? Thanks in advance for your help. :thanks:

My biggest worry would be that the 6 bulb system would be too much light for this size of tank. Am I right in thinking this?

Hey there. I just got 120W LED OVER MY 38g. I dont know the numbers but Thats a LOT in halide watts. I think with 100-150W you Schuld be Fine. In you suspendier the Lights from the ceiling you can always raise them...

My biggest worry would be that the 6 bulb system would be too much light for this size of tank. Am I right in thinking this?

+1 I agree. I have seen people with 2x T-5 HO on 30-40g tanks and still have nice corals, but if you want corals that require high lighting then I'd say go for the 4 bulb one. :)

I think 4 would be fine i have 4 on my 40 gallon breeder and i have good coral growth

Thanks for the replies. I ended up going with the 4 bulb and it was good until the unit died after one day. Totally died. No power to anything. As such I am returning it.

After some research I have just bought and installed an Ecotech Radion LED system. This system is amazing - the color profiles are insane and the difference in light on the tank compared to the T5 HO is unbelievable. It was almost twice the outlay in cash, but my justification is the replacement bulbs down the line that I don't need to buy.

Thanks again - it was too bad the Aquatic Life fixture died so fast on me, but in the end I am glad it did as I don't regret the Radion at all.

Back
Top Bottom