Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take it out and cut the mushroom off. It doesn't seem like the polyps are really bugging it though.
I thought about taking it out this weekend and trying to get the mushroom and polyps off of it. I have other colonies of both the mushroom and clove polyps. That is the only striped candy cane that i have.

Looks like it. Why do you want rid of them? They clean out your water by filter feeding. If there are tons of them, then it'd be an indicator of what's going on in the water column.

They are on my mushroom rock. My blue mushrooms haven't opened up all the way since I put the rock in the tank. At first I thought it was because of the tank being so new but now I am wondering if it has something to do with the worms. The other mushroom colony on the rock seems fine.

I'd try to break off or glue shut the worm and see if anything improves. I'd be more likely to think it was a flow thing before a worm...these guys are far from vermetid snails.

found a floating shroom so I glued it to a plug now its 6 most of mine are in a strong current and seem happy it's strong but not direct flow they get the whirlpool effect

I put a folded sheet of nori on a clip and leave it until it's gone ..usually it doesn't take too long ,.. a lot of times I'll find that the snails are up there getting the last little pieces that the tangs have left over,.. usually , I put an sheet in every other day or so ,meanwhile on the off days they'll dine on mysis or a delicious cube of reef formula two

Last edited:
That's pretty much what i do. I feed them mysis and HPD every other day and on the off days ive been putting shreaded nori in a mesh feeder on a clip. Do you feed your corals also?

Taken the advice of Doug ( mr x ) ,... he always preached that as long as you were feeding your fish and they were "pooping " than that's all you needed for your corals to be happy ,... seems to work for me

I give Nori about three times per week. With the Desjardini, Orange Shoulder, and Naso, I barely get my hand out of the tank before it's gone. The only Coral I target feed anymore is my Sun Coral.

Back
Top Bottom