Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a large green polyp one in my 40 I grew from a small frag. What's your interest in them?

Ok here is the deal. My toad stool attached to another rock and left a baby behind on the original rock. I severed mom and baby but I am not sure if I harmed them by doing that. It was a spur of the moment Thing and it looked like it was dying off between mom and baby.

They're pretty resilient. I cut chunks out of mine regularly and it bounces back the next day.

Here is a full tank shot. Corals are not glued onto thge rocks yet. Im still deciding where I want to put them and how I want to arrange them.

Attachments

• 20170824_195154.jpg
    20170824_195154.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 34
The reason I am asking is because Ive seen some people on YouTube puttinbg euphyllias right next to zoanthids and other softies. Crazy right?

Eventually everything will touch, that's something almost unavoidable. Most likely they wouldn't care too much about zoas being around their base, but something else that could reach out towards it would put a quick stop to it.

My tyree toadstool looks like it dies the final death every time I put a hand in the tank.. it's always fine though..

I keep my euphyllias on one side of the tank. Away from all the other corals.

As ive learned from Sniper the toadstools are very resilient. Mine bounced back very quickly after I severed it from its baby.

I noticed that my frogspaw was not opening up. I saw these spikes things sticking up around the base. Does anyone know what this is?

Attachments

• 20170902_185735.jpg
    20170902_185735.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 34
No. I'd say they are living there due to most of the area around the frogspawn not having any tissue around it. Though that said, you can easily break them off and see if there is an improvement.

Back
Top Bottom