Upgrading Tank... 10 Gallon to 12 Gallon Nano Cube Deluxe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noone

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all. I am thinking about upgrading my tank to a Nano Cube Deluxe. I currently have a 10 gallon that has been setup for over one year. I was planning on re-using my sand. As for the live rock, I will most likely get all new from lr.com. (I don't like the rock I have now at all!)

I was wondering about how I should go about this and if I will need to re-cycle my tank. I eventually want to keep a few colorful corals and anemones. Since it would have 48 watts, what kind would I be able to keep?

As for livestock, I was thinking about a black and white clown, a shrimp of some sorts, and of course a clean up crew. Any suggestions?

TIA!

you would have to recycle it but it would go fast if you used your sand over again and place d the live rick you have already in there

if you plan on an anemone make sure you have very clean water and good lighting especially if you want it in a 12 gallon

watch out if you get shrimp though since for some reason those tiny little buggers are able to eat a variety of inverts...for clean u crew you would just mostly need about 7 hermit crabs (blue or scarlet legged) and about 5-8 snails

A Clarki Clown gets much too big for a 12 gallon. Look at some Percs instead. As far as corals, you can have as many softies as your heart desires, along with a few selected LPS corals. Scrap the Anenome idea, it's much too hard to keep something that sensitive in such a small tank. The smaller the tank, the more fluctuation of water you're going to have; something that anenomes cannot take. Talk to your LFS about what they think would be some good corals.

Back
Top Bottom