Upgrading tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deezel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good morning. I'm hoping this is the right forum for advice. I am moving my 2 beloved Mollies, 9 baby Mollies and 6 loaches from a 54l tank to a 105l tank. I have moved the old filter, plants and a couple of scoops of old gravel into the new tank. Whilst setting up I added Safe Start and Aqua safe. I am leaving it two days before slowly adding the fish..does this sound right? I'm very impatient and want to get the fish in there asap, but don't want them to be stressed or die of new tank syndrome. ? The temperature of the water is correct and I've done a water test strip, although I know these are a bit rubbish.
Any advice or comments would be gratefully received. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20211010_080740_8.jpg
    IMG_20211010_080740_8.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20211010_080800_1.jpg
    IMG_20211010_080800_1.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 15
Looks like you got it covered. Only thing i can think of to add is acclimating fish to the new tank water from the old same as you would new fish from the store.

Hi again. �� Ahh ok, so letting them float in the new water for a while before letting them swim off? X

https://youtu.be/-RRtNfX0WuI

Something like this, but you are moving from your old tank to your new one rather than from a fish store. Probably belt and braces as the water should be similar in both tanks, but something could be going on in one that isnt in the other.

Back
Top Bottom