Urgh - betta gone?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ploughking

Aquarium Advice Activist
Unfortunatly my betta went missing over the course of my holiday :(. I can't understand how this happened - maybe it died and was eaten. I have a fair amount of fish. I don't intend on replacing it with another betta - although I am pondering a single royal whiptail. Any help here?

p.s, over the course of my holiday my crab shed his skin! I walked in and thought he was dead, but then I saw him alive. He is slightly bigger and I'm very happy!

Did you look around your tank, see if it got spooked and jumped out?

It could have died, and then got eaten a bit, or still be in the tank somewhere. Test your water. A death in the tank will release ammonia into your water. I would check everywhere and make sure he isn't in there anywhere, and check around the tank (on the glass, on the floor, etc.). Then, if those aren't the case, assume the poor guy was eaten.

Sorry for the loss, ploughking.

urm

I think he has been eaten - there is nothing around the tank and he is definatly not in there. I use the gravel hoover yesterday and it seems that that betta is gone :(. Maybe it was eaten - by the mysterious snakes (shown between a rock and a dodgy biowheel).

Back
Top Bottom