UV and ICK ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kribensis

Aquarium Advice Activist
A baby festae red terror did one of them side body scratches on the sand today. And it got my attention. I dont want them ever getting sick. So in our 125g tank right now. We have 15 3 mo old festae fingerlings, a bubble disk blowing bubbles in the center back of the tank and a Rena XP4 canister.

Im either going to get one of them SUNSUN 304B uv canisters. Or a normal canister, or a UV Sterilizer. But can the UV take care of bugs hole in the head, and ick? And what size? The sunsun canister has a 9 watt bulb but a 500/gph flow rate. Kind of sounds like a muscle car race and leavung the car in 2nd gear.

If it was just a fluke action the one out of 15 baby festaes did. Thats fine. But I know my tank needs more filteration. But if a uv will give them a batter home and life. I want to do it. But if its just for killing algae. Then its a wast of time. Even a little algae has its benefits to the fish. And I do 25-50% water changes enough to just clean the glass.

And before anyone says it. I know they will outgrow or kill eachother as they grow. But I want a breeding pair and have another 125g and 90g they can take over. We would just like the best environment and healthy water for them.

Thank you all.

It was probably a fluke but if they show any more symptoms then raise the temp and maybe add some freshwater aquarium salt I don't know if terrors can handle the salt so you should do a little research but I had ick once and that worked like a charm

Back
Top Bottom