vegetables for my fishes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kiddomagic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
can fishes eat vegetables, if so, what kind?
I've heard about zucchini, cucumber, and lettuce.
I wanna try this, cos' I havent tried it yet.
how do I prepare this?
and, do I just dump it into the tank?
long long do I have to wait so I can take it out?
will only my bottom feeders eat it, or can my other fish eat it also? :D
lol, so many questions. but it'll help me a BUUUNCH if I got them all answered.
thank youu! (y)

You should either freeze the vegetables or boil them. Nope you don't just dump it in the tank, you have to blanch the bolied or thaw the freezed. Most of the time I think algae eaters eat vegetables and vegeterian fish however I could be wrong.

I didnt mean it to be like literally DUMPING it.
I know all about the blanching thing
but like, after I do that, do I just place it in the tank, or like hang it or whatt??

Bruins is right, you should boil or freeze it. For my old otocinculus, i used celery stuck in the gravel, and yes, only vegetarian/omnivorous fish will eat veggies. if its cucumber or zucchini or whatever, i just clip it on one of the clip magnets, then putting it in the tank and a magnet on the outside of the glass.

mr.waffles1842 said:
Bruins is right, you should boil or freeze it. For my old otocinculus, i used celery stuck in the gravel, and yes, only vegetarian/omnivorous fish will eat veggies. if its cucumber or zucchini or whatever, i just clip it on one of the clip magnets, then putting it in the tank and a magnet on the outside of the glass.

Nice. Do you blanch the celery? Haven't heard of that yet.

mr.waffles1842 said:
really? they loved it. itys like one giant mound of algae. just take it out after 3-5 days. yes i blanched it.

Awesome thanks for that. My ottos have devoured the diatoms and my swords eat the wafers... I appreciate the advice

My Plecos, Angelfish and Dwarf Gouramis all eat the veggies I put in my tank. I feed them cucumber, peas and broccoli.

My clown plecos like spinnich, i just give them a couple of rinsed leaves, and weigh it down with a lead strip which ive kept from buying plants

Back
Top Bottom