Venturing into cichlids..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brookster those guys are cool, lots of coloration patterns but they seem to cost a pretty penny! If they're more forgiving it may be worth it :)

Those are literally some of the cheapest apistos around since they are the most common. Where on earth are you getting your pricing, lol?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Those are literally some of the cheapest apistos around since they are the most common. Where on earth are you getting your pricing, lol?

True that.. shouldn't be more than $36/pair.. orange flash would probably be the cheapest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Even that seems high, we can't give those things away out here.

Well lahhdie dahhh... i have one lfs within 50 miles that has them.. It beats paying shipping..

Well lahhdie dahhh... i have one lfs within 50 miles that has them.. It beats paying shipping..

Ok fine I should have specified depending on the area that seems high. Not the right time of year to be shipping fish anyway ;)

Also check with local breeders you'll pay about half of what you would in the stores.

I don't mind supporting uncle neds, he gets excellent stock and hands me the net.

Where is uncle neds? I keep hearing about this guy...
Just browsing/calling around I saw them for over $60 each at one place but I can keep an eye on aquabid, it's just too long to ship from like the wet spot or fla since it's freezing up here for a while yet.
I'll look for local breeders I got invited to join two aquarium societies so I may have luck there.
I know a guy who breeds yellow labs and has apistos (they're whitish) but he won't part with what he has currently cause they're his wife's favorite fish ha.

If you can get a 20 gallon long, Petco's $1 per gallon sale starts the 26th.

Is this inside information or an educated guess??? Because I need another 55 like I need a hole in my head and I would like that to happen on the 26TH now.

Is this inside information or an educated guess??? Because I need another 55 like I need a hole in my head and I would like that to happen on the 26TH now.

I have good sources so it should be pretty accurate, with in a week or so.

I have good sources so it should be pretty accurate, with in a week or so.

Awesome thanks. Side note I didnt put that smiley in there so I wonder if the word guess does it automatically.

Sent from my SPH-P500 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

hmm gonna have to check my petco up here , not sure where or what i would do with another 55 ,, but y not , maybe do salt ?? lol

My LFS sells "Orange Flash" A. cacutoides pairs for $40.

If you're interested in rams, keep in mind that Bolivians are much hardier than Blues. They're also a little more aggressive towards tankmates when breeding (that may or may not be an issue, depending on the size of your tank). If you're interested in Blues, get them directly from a reputable breeder. Lots of inbred and hormone-addled stock out there that doesn't live very long. Also, the Gold and Electric Blue strains have less genetic diversity and are less hardy than the wild-types.

Back
Top Bottom