Very Tiny DIME size CowFish Any Other experiances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaReefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone I recently bought a tiny size box cow fish and was wondering if anyone on here has gotten one that small before? He is currently in a 2 1/2g water reading are 0s and is munching on live baby bryne shrimps. I was wondering how long will it take him to grow to a decent size so i can put him into a bigger tank. I have a 75g running now with all peacefull fish a 3-4 inch Niger trigger, a 3 inch Hippo, a 3 inch Falcon Hawk, and a Porupine Puffer (which will not be in there long he is being sold to a friend), 1 Percula, and a velvet damsel) Also i am moving into my buddies in like 6 months and we have a 240g cycling Do you think he will grow enough till then

I'm sorry I have never had one of these fish. Just wanted to say that he is adorable. I saw one in my local fish store and would have loved to get one however, I have an aggressive fish setup. :roll: Good luck with your little guy.

Very cool fish but as they get bigger they get meaner. i had one that small that grew 6 inches pretty quickly when they get older they have weird beak and a bump on their head.
they eat about anting.
Gave mine to a LFS for store credit. It became too territorial.

They are indeed cool lookin fish.

yeah the one I have will eventually grow 2 horns like a male cow. I know they get big thats why I got it. I was just wondering how long it takes for them to grow. thank you

well lets see. when i got mine he was the size of a dime in 3 months he was the size of a 50 cent piee.
Does that help? :D

if its the one on your avatar,it wont grow horns ive seen lots of small ones and even very small cow fish have the horns already,the little cubefish like in your picture dont grow any ever,they also take aprox 5 years to get full size so probably at least 2 years before its big enough to put it with a trigger or any tangs,cow fish tend to be a little more agressive but the cubes are not.

Back
Top Bottom