Voracious algae eaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nortzy21

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all,

I currently have a 20 gallon planted tank that has a decent amount of algae growing in it. I have 4 guppies in there now and eventually would like to add some cherry shrimp if everything works out. I'm looking for a algae eater that is small enough for a 20 gallon tank and peaceful enough for the shrimp. I know that most algae eaters like plecos get to be very large but I have a 75 gallon turtle tank available to add anything that grows out the 20 gallon. Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Otocinclus. Need a group of 5+

If you are having algae problems it's likely related to one or more of the following reasons:
1. Light is on too much
2. Over feeding
3. Not enough water changes

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

4. plants are not doing well (or they are too less) - there's nothing what could "suck" nitrates out of water effectively...

Ya I just did a water change yesterday and removed all the algae. I'm going to cut down on lighting and do WCs more often. Another question , do shrimp feast on algae?

Ya I just did a water change yesterday and removed all the algae. I'm going to cut down on lighting and do WCs more often. Another question , do shrimp feast on algae?

Depends on the type of algae I think. And unless you have tons and tons of shrimp it won't make much of an impact.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom