Wanted Seahorses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelflyintohigh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am willing to pay fair price for seahorses and shipping as long as it is reasonable to ship to me. I am in Glennie, MI
I want to set my tank up to raise all seahorse and can't find anything in my area.

I'm in Glennie, MI
I have been to one of these sites but I will check on the other one right away.Thank you

You do realize that your tank should be up for a minimum of 6 months to a year for SH right. Then you want captive bred that are "taught" to eat mysis . Even then they will pick at pods since they are eating through out the day . You will also need a large filter since they are messy eaters ,and a source for pods too.. The filter will need maintained daily (rinsing the pad ,changing it every week etc)
I got my seahorse from fosters and smith good quality and happy when he got here and settled in I had him for close to 1 year I no longer have them as they are too time consuming and can be a bit hard to care for .. HTH GL

I do have a 5 gallon bio ball aquaclear filter. I had sea horses many years ago. I can't say how long I had that tank before I put them in?? I don't remeber now. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know as I don't need a costly mistake like that. I assume that the same is true for the dwarf seahorses? I may have to figure something else out if so.

Yes the same is true . Minimim tank size to breed SH (dwarf ) should be 10 gallons ..You will also need some kind of mesh to prevent them from getting hung up on the intakes of filters , they need very little flow in thier tanks..
I did look up the dwarfs awhile back (almost a year ago) and decided it was too much for me to deal with...They also require live pods as the dwarfs can not eat mysis (too big for thier lil snout)

Back
Top Bottom