Water changer or buckets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use 12Litre buckets with a Juwel Aqua Cleaner to take water out of the tank and replace water using a 6.5Litre watering can (far easier not to disturb the gravel/plants by aiming it at the side glass).

It takes roughly 25 minutes from start to finish to do a 50% change of a 125Litre tank (33 US Gal)

I use 12Litre buckets with a Juwel Aqua Cleaner to take water out of the tank and replace water using a 6.5Litre watering can (far easier not to disturb the gravel/plants by aiming it at the side glass).

It takes roughly 25 minutes from start to finish to do a 50% change of a 125Litre tank (33 US Gal)

You could cut that time in half with a water changer... Also some of I'd with bigger tanks 75+ that would be a HUGE pain. I did buckets when I had a 20 and a 36 now front. But the 55 then the 75 that was it! The bucket brigade is over.

You could cut that time in half with a water changer... Also some of I'd with bigger tanks 75+ that would be a HUGE pain. I did buckets when I had a 20 and a 36 now front. But the 55 then the 75 that was it! The bucket brigade is over.

I agree, I think my tank is at the upper limit of where buckets/watering cans are feasible, I couldn't imagine doing that with a 50Gal, it would be so time consuming.

Fortunately it's only once a week now, it was a pain when cycling

I agree, I think my tank is at the upper limit of where buckets/watering cans are feasible, I couldn't imagine doing that with a 50Gal, it would be so time consuming.

Fortunately it's only once a week now, it was a pain when cycling

Oh man you ain't kidding. When I was cycling my 55 I swear I was going bald lol.

We've all got different circumstances really. I'm a full-time mum to a toddler and a preschooler. Spare cash doesn't exist in my household. :). And, I looked on amazon. The aquaone (or whatever it's called) is like £65 plus £21 shipping. INSANE!
I got mine shipped without the hose for £25. Decent garden hose £10-15 in homebase, argos, B&Q etc....

Back
Top Bottom