Water changer or buckets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think petsmart has the aqueon. I love my python. I get mine to empty in the basement in a wash tub. It only takes 30-40 mins to do a 50% pwc on my 55 and 29.

Yeah the water changers are insanely expensive. If you have a reliable method for syphoning the tank off then I wouldn't bother with a proper water changer, a length of garden hose and a faucet attachment should suffice. My tank, fortunately is right by the kitchen sink so I can syphon it straight into there and then plug in the hose to fill it back up again. At least that is my plan. I haven't got the hose yet so I'm using buckets until I get that sorted!

Yeah the water changers are insanely expensive. If you have a reliable method for syphoning the tank off then I wouldn't bother with a proper water changer, a length of garden hose and a faucet attachment should suffice. My tank, fortunately is right by the kitchen sink so I can syphon it straight into there and then plug in the hose to fill it back up again. At least that is my plan. I haven't got the hose yet so I'm using buckets until I get that sorted!

How are they expensive.

30$ for a good drinking water safe hose.
10$ for the gravel vac
10$ for the attachment and an adapter
5$ for the valve

And a few hours of time to build the thing. IMO they're descent money wise.

$55 is alot when you can just change it with buckets for free. It might be a little more work, but definitely worth it.

Yeah, proper "official" water changers are expensive in UK. that's what I was saying, going to make my own with some hose etc. I have a syphon (cheap and cheerful). :)

Okay I see what you mean. I see 30 mins less work a week time that can be spent working and earning money. But that's just my opinion.

Im 15 and dont have a job so thats probably why. I see what you mean though. If I had a job and stuff I think it would be worth it to invest in one.

We've all got different circumstances really. I'm a full-time mum to a toddler and a preschooler. Spare cash doesn't exist in my household. :). And, I looked on amazon. The aquaone (or whatever it's called) is like £65 plus £21 shipping. INSANE!

I don't remember what I paid for my Aqueon water changer but I do know what trips to the chiropractor costs me when my back gives out! I was doing the bucket method too for awhile because I couldn't find an adapter to fit my bathroom faucet. I finally found the $5 part at Home Depot and I'm a happy girl!! So's my back! I have sand in my tank and I don't want it going down my water pipes, so, I hook my water changer to the water faucet outside and drain the tank that way and then I hook it up to the bathroom faucet to fill it back up with lukewarm water. Tada!!! Or as Convict says, "BAM!!"

Ok. Please do and lemme know what they got

Checked it out but didn't buy it. It seem built well enough but I just don't get why it's 60 dollars. It's about twice as much as you would think it would cost if you didn't know and were just looking at it.

The link says booya! As in "in your face!" Lol

I ordered that one about a year ago. A lot of the plastic pieces have cracked or are.broken on the facet attachment

They shouldn't crack if they aren't over tightened. If they leak adding an extra o-ring always helps.

Same goes for fish tanks. UK is not fish keeper friendly.

Back
Top Bottom