Water conditioners and Ich-X

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bennyblee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So confused about water conditioners compatible with Ich-x. Everyone says not to use Prime due to the sulfated ingredients interacting with the ingredients in Ich-X.

Does anyone definitively know if Ultimate (as Hikari recommends) is absolutely required? Tetra AquaSafe (all I can find on it is one Amazon user review)? Other options? My municipal water has a ton of chloramine in it so off-gassing isn't an option.

Thanks!

This is a new one on me.

Cant comment from personal experience, but an internet search brought up a comment from Cory (aquarium coop) who says he has used prime and ich-x for 12 years without any issue.

0NGpuDS.jpeg

Be interesting to see if anyone has personal experience of using these 2 products together.

Thanks, based on your reply I did some more digging, which led me to another thread which references this from the Fritz website:
QjQAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

https://fritzaquatics.com/products/fritz-complete

I think what this all means is that there is a theoretical risk with Ich-X and some water conditioners but that people have successfully used them safely together, but also that any thiosulfate-based conditioner would be safe, which would open up the treatment options.

Oops sorry thought I had inserted a screenshot--but on the Fritz website there is an FAQ that addresses this, listing each water conditioner product based on active ingredient and compatibility with Ich-X. Any sodium thiosulfate conditioner was deemed safe.

Back
Top Bottom