Wee cory frylings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggheadfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I started jacking other people's threads with my stuff, so I'm starting my own. Sorry!
I originally had around 80 eggs, rolled them from the glass into a breeder under the filter outflow. Had 10 eggs hatch, 7 fry still alive 8 days later. I'm feeding them Hikari first bites and keeping my fingers crossed.
This morning, I woke up to my next batch of ~60 eggs, I have 38 new fry!
Don't mind the weird setup or the masses of bubbles under the breeders.
Can anyone tell what species the older ones are yet?? I think either bronze or trilineatus. Can't tell. On the offchance that they're my rabauti, I will dance very many happy dances.

Hopefully you can see them. Mine are younger and clear so it was hard to take their picture. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1419490126017.jpg
    1419490126017.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 1419490141444.jpg
    1419490141444.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 119
Can I just say trying to siphon leftover first bites out of a breeder box with almost fifty fry is like the hardest game of Operation ever.

Back with more fry pics. The younger ones are fattening up pretty nicely!

Can anyone tell me when I can put different age/size fry together? My batches are only eight days apart is there really an issue? I'm feeding in excess and doing water changes constantly.

I have 200 more eggs today. These cories are out of control. The male bronze are chasing other males, females, the rabauti, even my tetras!

Yes but I don't know why! I guess now that I know I can do it I can't help but "save" them. Trying to keep up with the maintenance on top of everything else I have going on is nuts.
To sell/trade them to my LFS I have to have a minimum of fifty plus I'm giving some away so I figure after this bunch that should give me enough to do that, then I'll probably take a break. I plan to give my adult bronze to the LFS too so I can bump the number of the other species I have. I absolutely love my rabauti and bandits and need some more of those guys.
I also need store credit for my empty tank to be filled :)

Good plan
I need to contact my LFS and see what their policy is.

Sadly, my LFS doesn't take in fish from the public, they also closed recently :(

Fishobsessed7

My local LFS I usually buy from won't either. I have to drive an hour away for the one that will. I've had two places I really liked close in the last year. It's pretty sad :(

Yeah, it sucks :(

Back to cories,
I got some more aeneus cories so I can hopefully breed them when they get older. I have 1 male and 2 females I think but they won't spawn even if I do huge WC, so I was hoping more friends would help.

Fishobsessed7

My trick for spawning is to feed live foods a couple times a day. Mine love blackworms!

Good idea bren!
I've never fed mine live foods I do a mix between sinking shrimp pellets, some NLS sinking pellets, freeze dried brine shrimp, bloodworms, and tubifex. Sometimes if I fast them for a day or feed minimally and then put a lot of protein in there it helps but really the WC is what I see triggering the spawn the most

I get the blackworms at my lfs. Otherwise I usually feed frozen foods, like bloodworms, brine shrimp and daphnia. I feed the babies live microworms which are so tiny you can hardly seem them. I am going to switch over the thawed baby brine shrimp though soon.

Back
Top Bottom