Wee cory frylings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I have about thirty more newly hatched fry. I'm a little in over my head with the water testing and changing, cleanup, feeding etc.
Six from the first batch are doing well and getting big except for one puny guy.
I've lost a lot of the second batch, they're in a 20g solo so I'm not sure what's going on, water quality has been fine but five more died during the day.
I have twenty or so eggs left but if they haven't hatched by now I don't expect much.
No more egg collecting for me for now. I want to try to raise what I have and then maybe try to breed my rabauti but I don't see many articles of people tank raising them.
All in all I think I have about 60ish fry between 2+ weeks to one day old.

I will when I can.
:( bad news all the youngest fry are gone. One of the silver dollars must have had an episode during the night and the breeder boxes were blown all over the place and all the little guys got dumped into the tank. I'm sure te tetras had a midnight snack :(

Here we go bren. First batch is now 19 days old, second is 11 days. I'm guessing they're bronze cories, but still hard to tell.

Awww they're beautiful! Mine haven't grown enough to look like anything but tadpoles yet. Too bad about the other being a snack.

I'm so jealous! Back when I had juliis they bred every month but I only ever saw 3 babies and they never made it. :( great pics! Is it a Cory only tank? How did you get ones that laid so many eggs? Are they really old?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nope, it's a community tank with silver dollars, a swordtail, tetras, and five different cory species. They only just got to spawning size (I got them at about a half inch) so these are their first attempts. I have a higher M to F ratio with my bronze so it just worked out.
If I leave the eggs alone, I would never have fry. My trilineatus used to lay like crazy but I never tried to save them and they always disappeared. I assumed they were infertile anyway since I only had a single male at the time.
I may or may not have did my WC with colder water today ;)
We shall see if I get one last go before I call it quits. Or at least that's what I'll keep telling myself!
All are doing well. Six from the original batch and 24 from the second. They're hungry little hippos.

Some more fry pics. I guess the cories are tired of spawning for now (2 WC with no eggs).
I have 30 fry in total when all is said and done plus 8 adults (lost one).
They are hungry little guys.

Yeah they do, but with never raising fry before the lack of distinct markings makes me think they're bronze fry...I'm guessing they'll color up at some point?

Yup :)
Parents are being rehomed on Saturday so I can try increasing my other groups and breeding them.

Yay!!! I looked in my main tank and saw a pretty hefty fry! I thought I lost the third batch when the container dumped but one survived!! He's bigger than the second lot already. I'm letting the big guys go into the main tank tonight and splitting the rest between the breeder traps cause they seem cramped and a little stunted.

I know it's crazy. They're fitting right in. I've got more eggs but I removed the adult bronze so I hope these hatch and I get some rabauti! Or trilineatus either one. I'll know in a few days. But this morning one of my piggy tetras found a way to jump into the breeder box I guess he was hungry so I lost a few. There's only seven eggs left.

Back
Top Bottom