What addition..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyFreddy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys and girls,

I've got four Pygmaeus Cories and two red cherry shrimp in my 7.5 gal tank. I'm looking to finish stocking it but am not sure what to have. I don't want anything overly obscure but likewise don't want something that isnt going to move around much. My thoughts are possibly a school or mosquito rasbora's? Maybe 8-10? But I'm not sold on this idea fully and would love to know your guys and girls thoughts and ideas :) cheers!

So to be clear, in the tank there is..
4 pymgy cories
2 red cherry shrimp

You could add like 5+ RCS
And maybe a school of like 6 nano fog like the mosquito fish like you said. There's also CPDs, endlers, and plenty others would work too!

Idk about a school that big, but you could definitely do more RCS

Edit- school referring 8-10

What does CPD stand for? Would I be able to do 6 endler's livebearers or 6 mosquito rasboras aswell as upping the rcs numbers?

celestial pearl danio is cpd. I wouldn't do that many fish. One or the other and yes with the RCS. If you want you could almost have 7 of them in there if you keep on top of the water parameters

Thanks for your help :) I think I will see which ones out of CPDs, endler's and mosquitos they have in stock then choose 6 of one of them. I'l also boost the rcs number to 5 :) do you think the 5 shrimp will keep the tank fairly clean because I was considering adding a nerite snail too but thought the bioload would be too much..

So this is my favourite combination of fish (I think!):
6 Endler Livebearers
4 Pygmy Corydoras
5 Red Cherry Shrimp

You could add the snail that'd be fine to add too. I currently have 4 peppered cories(soon to be moved) 2 endlers 1 snail and 6 ghost shrimp in my 8 gallon. I could more endlers too, but yeah...

Back
Top Bottom