What are fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
eco23 said:
No dyes, no perfumes, no surfactants, no detergents....just a bottle of ammonia.

It should say the above things. Also, shake it like crazy and if it foams it's no good.

eco23 said:
It should say the above things. Also, shake it like crazy and if it foams it's no good.

Yeah.

Lol, I just had a mental picture of a bottle saying those EXACT things!! Just a bottle of ammonia!

Wow, all quiet on the home front and I managed to not electrocute myself installing the fan. I'd consider the day a success so far :).

eco23 said:
Wow, all quiet on the home front and I managed to not electrocute myself installing the fan. I'd consider the day a success so far :).

Do you get a new fish or a new aquarium for a reward? Hey, that'd be a god way to get your boyfriend who is into aquariums to do stuff around the house!!

Bettababe1011 said:
Do you get a new fish or a new aquarium for a reward? Hey, that'd be a god way to get your boyfriend who is into aquariums to do stuff around the house!!

My reward was a dropped lightbulb and a good vacuuming.

Btw i didnt pick up 15 of these either, it was just the only description they have on their site lol.

Pigeonfood said:
Btw i didnt pick up 15 of these either, it was just the only description they have on their site lol.

That's the stuff

Alright dude, make sure you've got everything set up...filter running, bubbles bubbling, heater cranked up into the 80s and start dosing up with the ammonia.

It's all different strengths, so there's no drops to gallon rule, you've just gotta experiment. If Deckape used the same stuff he can probably give you an idea of how much.

Shoot for around 4ppm. Add a little, wait 20 minutes, test and add more if you need.

Once you get it dosed up to 4ppm, the waiting game begins.

Just test only the ammonia level every couple days to see when it starts dropping.
When it goes down a little, dose it back up to 4ppm.
Once it seems like it's starting to eat the ammonia within a few days of adding it in, start testing for nitrItes. From there on, it's gravy. We'll talk you through it from there.

In the mean time, try to find as much of that seeding material we talked about as possible. Beg your friends to give you gravel, a filter, etc... If you can't find any, don't worry. It's just usually a faster process with it.

5ml did my 55 GAL up to 4 ppm. Do 2.5 ml buddy. That will get you close

I have everything i need filter and decor...but bubbles bubbling??? am i missing something?? also I went to the lfs to pick up some rock decor omg...expensive!!! So instead of being broke i went down and got some rocks near the river, nice cool flats one too, problem now though is how do i clean them, just rinse them off with water???

Pigeonfood said:
I have everything i need filter and decor...but bubbles bubbling??? am i missing something?? also I went to the lfs to pick up some rock decor omg...expensive!!! So instead of being broke i went down and got some rocks near the river, nice cool flats one too, problem now though is how do i clean them, just rinse them off with water???

Oooohhh... Whole new can of worms. There's a thread going right now called something like "aren't rocks just rocks?". Apparently they require some expertise to do properly because certain ones can actual explode if you boil them, they can also harbor parasites, molds, fungus, algae, etc... Plus they leach things into the water. So probably a bad idea to use them.

As for bubbles I meant like a bubble wand or air stone.

If you don't have an air stone, just lower your water level down a few inches so the water is splashing down when it hits the tank.

wow good idea eco, ill do that, i plan on gettin some pvc pipes and putting holes in them and lining them at the bottom of my tank for the bubble effect. Btw i read the rock thread, alot of ppl are convinced it seems like that i can do the random rock thing in my tank, i found some really good ones hate to throw them away.

Back
Top Bottom