What are fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pigeonfood said:
Im using the ammonia from the ace hardware store that i linked u in an earlier post

Awesome. Sorry I get mixed up cause I've got a million threads like this going. Once we get you all set up you can help me explain to other people how to do it :)

Man we gotta stop doing the same thing. I made burgers and wings, and strawberry shortcake.

Deckape said:
Man we gotta stop doing the same thing. I made burgers and wings, and strawberry shortcake.

At least something is different, I'll be freaked out if you guys sliced up a cantaloupe.

For example, I've got a 48 gallon with the fish I listed above...aquaadvisor tells me it's only 65% full which is hard to believe that since it seems like so many small fish swimming in my tank. I would never stock it all the way up, but when I type in the cories and ram I want, it tells me I'm at 82% which is low enough to make me feel comfortable.

I think the site attempts to take bioload into account. Some fish have a big bioload (small plecos), some big fish (Silver Dollars) have a very small bioload compared to their size. Their site isn't always right though, but is a good guideline.

Pigeonfood said:
ok, cos the water where i live is pretty hard.

The water being really hard may actually help at the end of your cycle to keep the pH stable. It will only be an issue in the future if the fish you want require soft water.

The best thing to do when picking fish is to find ones that are suitable to your tap water conditions so you don't have to alter the water. If you're around 7, virtually everything will work, except I think cichlids require a pH above 8.

When people say +1, does that mean you agree? Or that person is giving a rep point? I always just thought it meant I agree, but a couple days ago someone typed to me +1(rep point). Also, you use the app right? Have you figured out how to hand out rep points on the app?

eco23 said:
When people say +1, does that mean you agree? Or that person is giving a rep point? I always just thought it meant I agree, but a couple days ago someone typed to me +1(rep point). Also, you use the app right? Have you figured out how to hand out rep points on the app?

You can't give rep on the app... And +1 usually just means you agree. :)

No I just thought it meant me too. I go to the real site to give rep. Thanks o by the way

Homedog98 said:
You can't give rep on the app... And +1 usually just means you agree. :)

They need to add that in an update...I can't ever give out rep cause I'm always on my iPad... I need to request that somewhere.

eco23 said:
They need to add that in an update...I can't ever give out rep cause I'm always on my iPad... I need to request that somewhere.

The tech forum thingy... I'm app too. I agree with you.

I did in the comments on the app market. Sorry I got off subject. That was rude and I am sorry

Back
Top Bottom