What background do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cut a piece of black posterboard to size and then taped it to the back of my tank. Simple, but very cool looking. I personally don't like the scenic backgrounds, very few people I know have made them look natural.

I cut a piece of black posterboard to size and then taped it to the back of my tank. Simple, but very cool looking. I personally don't like the scenic backgrounds, very few people I know have made them look natural.

I never thought to use posterboard! I like to do plain black backgrounds. Makes everything stand out in the tank in my opinion. And since I just inherited my 65 gallon, I wasn't able to find any backgrounds the right size to be able to use, but I think now I'll just hit up my local craft store.

I painted the back of my tank black with plastidip. Plastidip is a rubberized spray paint that will peel off like a sticker. Do me a favor and order the purple color from amazon and show me how that looks! Lol

Most people do either black or a deep blue, the deep blue will give the tank more depth. I think purple might be the happy medium between how good black looks and give depth like the blue

I have an old hard rock maple dresser with mirror in my bedroom. I put my 16g bowfront guppy tank on it. I didn't realize it at the time but the mirror behind the tank made an awesome background. It makes the tank look twice as deep and I can watch the fish sometimes from both sides at once. LOL. So any of you have a dresser that needs something, try a small tank. OS.

I bought one that you put on similar to the way you put a screen protector on a smart phone. It's blue on one side, black on the other. I haven't installed it yet (nor have I decided which color side to use), but I'm hoping it works well and eliminates the problems with taping one on!

I use a black trash bag. I cut two strips and put it in the back. Its cheap and give the tank depth.

Ours is a photo of a rock face. A giant poster basically. You don't want anything too noisy. A plain background is best so the fish show up against it.

Attachments

• image-1961957094.jpg
    image-1961957094.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 116
img_2472547_0_55d4120946ecc2790ac4e23425c4409b.jpg

I've painted the back of my two biggest tanks a dark green and really like it. When I started my nano tank it was suggested to me to use slick on window film from Home Depot/lowes, I really like it, it was cheap and I have more of the film now than I know what to do with

Attachments

• image-158867823.jpg
    image-158867823.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 93
  • image-3895480746.jpg
    image-3895480746.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 99
My background looks like stacked stones, I used black electrical tape to secure it.

image-1431640356.jpg

Where did you get that background??

From our LFS. they have rolls and rolls of them. Our tank is a big one so we had trouble finding something to cover all of it. This one was too long but at least the right height. :)

Back
Top Bottom