What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
organized lmao
you just don't see all the junk on the other side of the room

I used a piece of tank back ground black side out on the wall and tacked it over all the wires to hide them behind the tanks
but in reality I have more wires than I know what to do with lol there just all combined into 1 BIG pvc pipe painted black running along the floor to the outlets

Ha. I'll post a pic of MY fish room right now. A lot of rearranging Going on! Love the PVC idea! I'm going to give it a shot! Lol. I'll post a picture when I do it!

that is why I have a dedicated fish room :D:D(y)
I'm still moving things around still need to move my feeder tank it blocks my hex tank and than find room for my frag tank and the sump is going in the basement once I finish building it, thinking of putting the feeder under the 40gb since theres nothing down there yet
my wife hates me cause I start another tank once I finish building one lol yes I'm addicted
guess I could just say it's my above ground man cave lol

Hubbys having a cow already n i only have 2 tanks running .. he did say when we move into a bigger house i can have 1 room for nothing but fish ;)

Set up my 2.5 gallon pico reef to start cycling, set up a crawfish tank for cycling, water change in the planted tank, rearranged my fish room, and fed the critters in the 55 gallon reef.

Here's a pic of the pico. I'm excited for the sand to clear up so I can arrange some rock!

img_2360065_0_c6299e2ae3656f91ffd60a8176f6faa3.jpg

Added 9 frags to my tank
Pulsating xenia
Cabbage leather
Devils hand leather
Kenya tree
4 head polythoas
1 head blastomussa
1 polyp dragons eye polyp
2 head neon green candy cane
Birdsnest coral

All for $55

Meet a guy on reef2reef
Had to drive a hour and a half to get them though
the closest reef club
Middle Tennessee Reef Club
uses r2r for their forum and they guy I met is a mtrc member
I posted a thread on their site asking if anyone in my area has coral for sale and he replied
He also sold me a new 65watt coralife 10k pc bulb for $10

Last night I had to take apart my emporer 400. Everything was going fine and then suddenly *LOUD NOISES!* like grinding and not good stuff going on. Took it out and cleaned the whole thing. I found 2 MTS in there. I think one had gotten into the impeller. All is good now though. I was afraid something had gone terribly wrong and that I'd have to buy a new one. :hide:

Plotting my new aquascape and deciding on what I should add plant wise...since I'm parked at a weigh station waiting for my company to pull it from where the sun don't shine.....

Tested parameters in the 2.5 gallon pico reef that I set up yesterday.
Ammonia .25 ppm
Nitrite .25 ppm
Nitrate 20 ppm

Already time for a water change? Weird levels, I think. I did take everything out of my 10 gallon nano, including half of the water.

EDIT:
I forgot to add, parameters of the water from my other tank were ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10.

Went to pick up my 100g tank today got there n the man had a 55g sittin outside.. soo needless to say im back to the drawing board n lookin anywhere within a 4hr drive for a reasonably or cheap price on a 6ft tank... i was sooooooooo disappointed

Water change, re scaped so things are different a little anyway for the new guys when they show up tomorrow my mail.

View attachment 155499

Wow, that looks amazing!

Found out my OEBT will be shipped Monday. I am irritated they didn't get shipped yesterday. They ship Monday and Tuesday like most places. They were paid for last Thursday night, there is no reason, and no reason given why they didn't ship this week. Of course I wouldn't have wanted them shipped Wednesday but I am very annoyed. They better be good, not crappy.

Was at the lfs and found two Blue Rams, I think I have one female and one male for $6.50 each. I hope they like each other! lol The ones I really liked at the other lfs were $15 each, couldn't get them, as they are really hybrid I was concerned in caring for them, I will practice keeping these guys good first. Sky to powder blue body with reddish orange and yellow splotch, a mixed type between Blue and golden Ram, I think. Was so in awe of them, can't remember the name.

Since there are several days until the OEBT come, I will clean my shrimp tank, I already moved some shrimp, but in the Edge, it is near impossible with the small top and crazy cube corners. I have their Edge net, doesn't work that well, made my own by twisting and contorting into as best I can get to the corners, still an inch off it seems.

Went to pick up my 100g tank today got there n the man had a 55g sittin outside.. soo needless to say im back to the drawing board n lookin anywhere within a 4hr drive for a reasonably or cheap price on a 6ft tank... i was sooooooooo disappointed

Oh no!! That's awful! I went to get a 90 gallon once and it turned out to be a 55... I was so mad! I can't figure out how people don't know how to measure something right.

Back
Top Bottom