What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First time cichlid owner and after 2month of a fishless cycle....Today I did a drip accumulation & in the aquarium they went & are alive and well!

img0643cs.jpg
[/quote]

Stopped by my LFS and asked the lady who runs it to order me 6 female Bettas, 2 crown tails, 2 half moons, and 2 veiltails. And she has the white sand I need coming in so she didn't have to order that. I can pick it all up Friday.

Put a marble sized mystery snail in my crayfish tank to work on the algae, and I'm pretty sure he got grabbed by the momma cray within a minute. I was hoping it would be big enough to make it. Guess not.

Stopped by my LFS and asked the lady who runs it to order me 6 female Bettas, 2 crown tails, 2 half moons, and 2 veiltails. And she has the white sand I need coming in so she didn't have to order that. I can pick it all up Friday.

Put a marble sized mystery snail in my crayfish tank to work on the algae, and I'm pretty sure he got grabbed by the momma cray within a minute. I was hoping it would be big enough to make it. Guess not.

I used to pull the snails I found munching on my plants out of that tank and throw them in with my crayfish. They will eat them no matter how large they are. Sorry!

Are you starting a Betta sorority?

Did you order all the same kind of females? Or Halfmoon, Crowntail, and Veiltails???

Whoops, got the question in the wrong spot......
Did you order all the same kind of females? Or Halfmoon, Crowntail, and Veiltails???

Sorry about your snail.:(

Yup, starting a sorority. And I'm getting two of each tail type. Might have to throw some fake plants in the tank for now to add some hiding places. I want to plant the tank but I'm still pulling snails out of there. They have eaten every plant I've put in there other than an onion bulb and some java fern. They are getting big enough to pull easily, though. And it looks like I'm going to need a new snail tank. The current one is going to be a betta tank soon, I'm thinking just a Rubbermaid tub with a sponge filter.

Trying to get guppies to breed in 20 g and cleaning a mixed 75g cichlid tank

If there are males and females in the same tank they're breeding!!! ;)

What kind(s) do you have? Females could already be preggo if they were recently purchased...

Have you bred guppies before?

Did pwc on OEBT tank, watched a couple of them swim and hide. Pwc on 37G and pwc on recovering betta tank. Watched the fish a little in all the tanks to see how everyone was doing.

Yesterday, added a M & a F Fiddler Crabs into my 72G. They have driftwood to crawl out on, and I will be getting them a cork /or other island to bask on next week. It will be interesting to see if the mystery snails crawl up there and lay eggs and if the crabs want to eat the eggs. Adding some salt to the tank to help them along. Guy I got them from at lfs says his are 3 years old like that in his aquarium. My daughter fell in love with them. In a few weeks if they seem to be getting along in the tank, I will likely get a couple more females, otherwise back to the lfs.

Moving my 9 Blue Tetras over to the 72G today from the QT.
They love chasing each other at lightning speed, they are really going to love the 48" of horizontal racing room!!

Whelp! Another 50% water change on my African tank. All is clear and looking good!! I plan on stopping Friday. So that will be the massive water change and hopefully all will be ok. This is day 13 of ich battle. No losses so that's a good thing.

Now I wait....

Bagged

2 Tiger Barbs
3 sepae tetras
2 black skirts
2 angels
1 red paradise gourami
1 banded/striped lepernascus I think

All being taken to a new home.
I'm not sure if I'm keeping the juvenile convicts I have. I'm thinking the peacocks and electric yellows will be better

Attachments

• image-832429420.jpg
    image-832429420.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 88
Bagged

2 Tiger Barbs
3 sepae tetras
2 black skirts
2 angels
1 red paradise gourami
1 banded/striped lepernascus I think

All being taken to a new home.
I'm not sure if I'm keeping the juvenile convicts I have. I'm thinking the peacocks and electric yellows will be better

Mixing tetra, barbs and angels with cichlids? Your tetra and barbs should ideally be in schools. Tiger barbs are nasty little things look out. But id be more worried about you cichlid mixing and your tank size.

Sorry 'bout your snail. Crays will attempt to eat anything!

Whelp! Another 50% water change on my African tank. All is clear and looking good!! I plan on stopping Friday. So that will be the massive water change and hopefully all will be ok. This is day 13 of ich battle. No losses so that's a good thing.

Now I wait....

The fight is almost over!

Sorry 'bout your snail. Crays will attempt to eat anything!

Yup. I mean, I have tons of snails. I'm just disappointed that something's not in there eating the algae. But I'm going to be moving the cfl that's in that tank to my 10 gallon. It's just too much light for the 5. Algae is kind of overwhelming it, and the plants that I put it in there for have been devoured.

Mixing tetra, barbs and angels with cichlids? Your tetra and barbs should ideally be in schools. Tiger barbs are nasty little things look out. But id be more worried about you cichlid mixing and your tank size.

The convicts were max 2 inch and I was giving these fish away to my friend

You mentioned yellow labs and peacocks too? Mixing tetra ect with africans is a bad idea.

I never said I was keeping any of the tetras. All I have now is the convict cichlids. I am planning on getting some in the new tank I have.

Back
Top Bottom