What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is the black and yellow one kinda hidden by the rock? Like what i see just cant see enough to know what it is .. lol nice looking stock love the lace cat i wanted one for my tank but thought they were too big shoulda got one for the 125g

Havin a lazy day just fed my fish and dug the crawfish outta of hiding...lol she got mad at me and put her sand right back in place :)
Named them finally we have smurfette and hefty smurf lol

That's a bumblebee cichlid. I have better pics in my profile but he's been hiding a lot because my red zebras been being a lil aggressive towards him lately. Working on that... But he's a beauty and still eats great, just stays on the left side of the tank a lot.

That's a bumblebee cichlid. I have better pics in my profile but he's been hiding a lot because my red zebras been being a lil aggressive towards him lately. Working on that... But he's a beauty and still eats great, just stays on the left side of the tank a lot.

Thoughts that what it was....

So i finally transferred my bettas still gotta add a back ground and stuff but its a working progress

ForumRunner_20130528_174640.jpg

ForumRunner_20130528_174810.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130528_174632.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130528_174632.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 88
Got the sand for my new 55 and set it all up. Tomorrow I'll finish setting it up and maybe add a few rocks and plants and get the filter up and running so it can start cycling. Yeah!!

looking at how far back you have your tank be sure you leave enough room for cords , hoses and if you have anything to hang off the back before you fill your tank cause they get heavy fast(y)

Yeap they are super happy...now i just gotta get a better heater cause its cold in our bedroom so the heat drops 10° at night on the one tank but the other stays nice and warm

that drives me nuts how each tank is a different temp

Drives me crazy too... my cheap nonadjustable automatic heater is workin better then the new one i got that can adjust so im gonna return it and try again

We are spending the day at the movies watching fadt n furious 6 & hangover 3... left my fish happy n well fed until we return

seems the pre set heaters hold a more steady temp at least I think so
the adjustable ones the trick is to turn it up 2 or 3 notches than pull the nob off and put it back on in off position that will help turn up heater a little higher almost like adjusting the flame on a lighter

looking at how far back you have your tank be sure you leave enough room for cords , hoses and if you have anything to hang off the back before you fill your tank cause they get heavy fast(y)

Yeah that was done right after I took the picture. :) here's where it sits now, with my hob and some plants (that I decided I don't like after all and will be coming out. Lol). Still no rocks though!

Attachments

• image-2618681002.jpg
    image-2618681002.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 69
Spent the day yesterday trying to get things picked up far away from home from me. Fire Red baby shrimp, and OEBT shrimp are checked off of the list. They are all doing well.

Had a mishap with my Mystery snails and lost about 27 of them. :bawl::nono:

Picked up some little starts of new plants from my shrimp trader friends. Have Rotalla Colorata, Two small portions of Christmas Moss, Red needle leaf Ludwigia (probably not quite the right name) Something else I can't recall. And the nano moss I may have previously mentioned, maybe a sparse inch squares worth. Can't recall correct spelling off the top of my head. Hoping it survives, it is a tiny structured moss (not big and wild like Java Moss growth).

Cleaned my bettas tank out, gave my elephant nose tank a pwc again but the freshwater is helping him heal up great!
Autumnsky sorry to hear about your snails :(

Thank you, Shellyx.

Now if I could figure out how to do this all perfectly....:rolleyes:
I guess there is some learning which goes along with "doing", even with the best of intentions. :facepalm:

Yeah that was done right after I took the picture. :) here's where it sits now, with my hob and some plants (that I decided I don't like after all and will be coming out. Lol). Still no rocks though!

the main reason I mentioned that was I did that placed tank where I liked it filled it than found out I didn't leave room behind for equipment :whistle: , just to find out its not moving full :facepalm: didn't want you making the mistake I did (y)

going to look great once some rock goes in , can't wait to see :cool: it:popcorn:

I've been so busy that I've done a horrible job updating. This poor tank doesn't even have a thread and its been up for a while. I did a water change on it today and a water change on my 55 a few days ago.

img_2495277_0_1e9b05bae1afb72e63a36f42ad04960d.jpg

img_2495277_1_3c375397f83135984d9fd76f5c9c93e2.jpg

Emptied my 125 traded in my fish for store credit. Now have to reseal, drill for sumpfilter, and start my reef build. Added 3 more bolivian rams to my 72 one of which I am about 99% sure is female so I'm hoping I get a pair soon. Also added some scarlet temples and a red lilly. Took out the ugly wisteria.

I've been so busy that I've done a horrible job updating. This poor tank doesn't even have a thread and its been up for a while. I did a water change on it today and a water change on my 55 a few days ago.

img_2495541_0_1e9b05bae1afb72e63a36f42ad04960d.jpg

img_2495541_1_3c375397f83135984d9fd76f5c9c93e2.jpg

JMAY,

That is looking good , I always wanted a planted tank but just never had good luck , Everything would just die in like a week ,so I just gave up ,now
I have 2 SW Reef tanks both doing great I just don't understand why my not so green thumb (y) has no problems keeping corals alive but can't keep a simple FW plant alive , It would be nice to see my 2 FW tanks look as nice as my 2 SW tanks
whats your pointers on keeping your plants alive (y)(y)

Got a package in today of some ramshorn snails

Tried to up the settings on the 10g heater and it only raised the temp 1° so im gonna try one more time then exchange it for a better heater..

Jmay, Seaweed, I really like your natural colored gravel. Looks like the color of a real stream bed. Very nice looking tanks.
I had nitrates creep up to 30ppm at last test. I think I went a little overboard on my PPS NO3 dosing. I did my first PWC with my new Python water changer Tues. It was so fast & easy, I went ahead and did another one today to get NO3 back to around 10ppm. Also got the 6 assasin snails in the mail today. I got pond snails from a plant order and lost the battle of picking them out by hand. LOL.
The rummy nose tetras seem to like the extra water change. They're really schooling back and forth, "showing off". My biggest female Julie Cory "Larrette" has turned into a little love machine. She's spawning with Curley again for the 4th time in six weeks. Jeees! I thought I raised that girl better than that! LOL.
Life & Luck All, OS.

Back
Top Bottom