What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He was helpful! I tan the siphon and he emptied and filled the buckets. The bending to siphon was painful but not as much as hauling buckets would have been. Fish are all happy in clean water now! And I finally raised the water level in the betta fry tank a little. Most are around guppy fry size now! He even cooked dinner after!

Deep cleaned my 55.gal kyoga tank cleaned the sand and the filters as well. Deep cleaned my 90 gal Malawi tank cleaned my canister for the first time in 2 months. Now it works like new again Scrubed the rocks and 're aquascaped .all my fishes are happy...

Umm hvent done much all week with my tanks n got so much that should be done.. i know its only well almost weds here .. I meed to rescape my 125g for sure n make a new place for my betta n get him outta the breeder net..

I noticed that one of my females is no longer holding just to be sure i checked all fish of that type ij my tank and all seemed to be eating unless she tricked me .. but im thinking mayb she swallowed her eggs/fry or something as its her first batch .. then checked n my nyererei is still holding on day 25... she should spit on day 30 exactly at the hour she started..im gonna take off that day so i dont miss it this time ;)

Helped a fb friend today who has a 10g they are stocking.. they wanted a oscar.. i was like ummm no not a good idea so they got a betta instead n now want guppies,mollies n a crab .. :/ so im working on that now

Resealed my 75 Gallon Tank today .a little harder than I thought it would be now the waiting game. Sat I will fill and check for leaks .and if all is good my Oscar will get a bigger tank and my convicts will move into his 55 and out of the 40..checked on my kyogas today now I have 2 females holding..... I LOVE my flamebacks but I think 30 is to many and now more on the way......so if anybody in or close to Washington state. I have a bunch to adopt out...

50 % clean on my bettas and elephant nose tank, also rinsed my filters. Live bait for supper tonight :)

I trimmed down, moved & spread out plants in my 30g tetra tank today. Cleaned filters and tubes in all the tanks and did 60% water changes. While alot of plants were out of the tank , I caught the 5 huge black skirt tetras that I am giving to my daughter. They're so big they are starting to nip fins bad on my neons and rummys. We'll see if they want to nip on her 5" kissing gouramis. OS.

Added some black diamond blasting sand to the 125g. The white sand was too light and the fish colors were too washed out. I think it's an improvement.

Attachments

• image-1576373844.jpg
    image-1576373844.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1224792957.jpg
    image-1224792957.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 78
cbourg746 said:
Added some black diamond blasting sand to the 125g. The white sand was too light and the fish colors were too washed out. I think it's an improvement.

Man, that looks good!

I fed everyone and did a water change in my little snail tank. Yesterday was my long day with the tanks, I put all the plants I ordered from autumnsky in. Will post pics when it starts to grow in a little and I get everything arranged as I like it.

Went to work this morning, all was well. Came home 5 hours later and two of my small koi in my pond were dead. Hurried up and tested my pond water, and everything was normal, no spikes in anything. Went in the house, made dinner, waited for the thunderstorms to pass, and by the time I got back outside all of my fish but my 3 goldfish and 3 xlarge koi were dead or close to it. Went from 11 to 6 in 4 hours or so. Caught the survivors and put them in my empty 55 gallon. Aside from them gasping for air they all look healthy- no signs of ich or anything else. Not sure what I'm going to do yet (bc they OBVIOUSLY can't stay where they are right now!), but I did give them some salt and they're starting to pick at the substrate.

Needless to say, water changes on this tank are on my to do list tomorrow, and hopefully the weather is nice so I can drain my pond and hopefully find what killed off my stock. Sigh.
All I know is that I am devastated, and my hubby wants to fill in the pond because he doesn't want to see me cry in any more fish tanks!

Im having bad week .. im killing my only plant that i have no clue what it is was just told its a low light plant which im wondering if that was wrong ... i keep finding shrimp dead im down from 7 to 4 well actually i have only seen 3 but im supposed to have 4 left judgin by the carcasses :( ... all my parameters are good n i just dont know why... its not my betta i moved him n the only thing in the tank is nerites that came from the same owner and was housed together before i got them... and i found a dead snails in my other tank but that could be Handys fault (crawfish named after the smurf mamed the female smurfette )

ForumRunner_20130606_204512.jpg

ForumRunner_20130606_204604.jpg

My plant thats unidentified .. i just moved it today to try n save it bc its starting to look rough :/

Im having bad week .. im killing my only plant that i have no clue what it is was just told its a low light plant which im wondering if that was wrong ...

My plant thats unidentified .. i just moved it today to try n save it bc its starting to look rough :/

It's jungle Val. It's melting right now because its not used to your water params. It'll come back though.

Exchanged my African cichlids for about $60 store credit and switched to dirt and planted my 55. Looking to put in some angels an make it a community.

image-3394532460.jpg

Back
Top Bottom