What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found another dead oto cat today, seems like all the new ones I bought 2 weeks ago have gone fins up. The original 5 are still healthy and going strong. Tested water everything was fine (0,0,5-10) did a 50% pwc just to be extra cautious. Since then I can only locate 3 out of 4 bamboo shrimp. I'm pretty confident the last one is hiding, but he also might of got out during the pwc

I'm so sorry about your otos.

Tried to find and save fry in my guppy tank.

Apparently the breeding I used was too big and the babies slipped through the holes.
I only found one left by the time I got home this afternoon I could only fin 1.

Luckily the female still looks like she's got a few in her so hopefully I can save them. Put her into an actual small tank rather than a net this time.

The female is the last one left in my red lace snakeskin strain from Pete Mang so I'm going to be very disappointed if these don't make it. Of course she'll have more, but not soon enough, she was huge this time!

Found another dead oto cat today, seems like all the new ones I bought 2 weeks ago have gone fins up. The original 5 are still healthy and going strong. Tested water everything was fine (0,0,5-10) did a 50% pwc just to be extra cautious. Since then I can only locate 3 out of 4 bamboo shrimp. I'm pretty confident the last one is hiding, but he also might of got out during the pwc

Sorry about your oto.

Tried to find and save fry in my guppy tank.

Apparently the breeding I used was too big and the babies slipped through the holes.
I only found one left by the time I got home this afternoon I could only fin 1.

Luckily the female still looks like she's got a few in her so hopefully I can save them. Put her into an actual small tank rather than a net this time.

The female is the last one left in my red lace snakeskin strain from Pete Mang so I'm going to be very disappointed if these don't make it. Of course she'll have more, but not soon enough, she was huge this time!

Hope you find some more and feed the momma so she won't want to eat them!

got a bunch of sps and zoa's today spent most of day acclimating and plugging all the corals
sat it on rack in front of tank till it gets used to lighting and opens full
it will be split between 2 tanks
my order had 1 doa and 5 missing frags but over all not bad
depending how I feel tomorrow just had kemo the last few days and its starting to hit me

img_2579541_0_5399b7cd30fc3c8f96fbb2d61be2c921.jpg

img_2579541_1_0795bdc9ab79b7449f566d4587418f21.jpg
img_2579541_2_2751f6a1f1e2e9404f6fd8434441a0ab.jpg

img_2579541_3_4a49b69c679c10b0708b90d2c7901c04.jpg

img_2579541_4_9c6ef8c6ce31ad7dc0e0e72b6081eb92.jpg

img_2579541_5_b0f9e0dde74042c4f5b61e063a9b3862.jpg

img_2579541_6_aa86addc4dc5da8e46d0e7e6f55c7041.jpg

img_2579541_7_69aa6c34d90aa43ae26bc34f3d6e1574.jpg

I finally hit the $1/ gallon sale! Picked up a 40 breeder, a 20 long, and a doubletail half-moon betta, all for... $91! Less than the regular cost of the 40. My neighbor went with me since she has a van so we could actually haul tanks home, and she gave me a spare 10 gallon tank since she replaced one of hers with a 20. So all in all, good day! Three new tanks and a pretty fish. Gonna relax for a while then clean up the 10 gallon since it's kinda gross from sitting empty for a while, then it's time to start cleaning my spare room out to make way for the tanks. Hopefully I can get to lowe's sometime soon for stand materials. And then I'll be placing a nice big order of supplies from fosters and smith.

I now have:
Running -
3x 10 gallon
30 gallon long
5 gallon
56 gallon cube
1.5 gallon

Empty-
10 gallon
40 gallon
20 long
20 high

Plus a hex tank of unknown gallonage that I haven't picked up yet.

For a grand total of 12 tanks and 212+ gallons. Yeah, I think I have a mild case of MTS.

I finally hit the $1/ gallon sale! Picked up a 40 breeder, a 20 long, and a doubletail half-moon betta, all for... $91! Less than the regular cost of the 40. My neighbor went with me since she has a van so we could actually haul tanks home, and she gave me a spare 10 gallon tank since she replaced one of hers with a 20. So all in all, good day! Three new tanks and a pretty fish. Gonna relax for a while then clean up the 10 gallon since it's kinda gross from sitting empty for a while, then it's time to start cleaning my spare room out to make way for the tanks. Hopefully I can get to lowe's sometime soon for stand materials. And then I'll be placing a nice big order of supplies from fosters and smith.

I now have:
Running -
3x 10 gallon
30 gallon long
5 gallon
56 gallon cube
1.5 gallon

Empty-
10 gallon
40 gallon
20 long
20 high

Plus a hex tank of unknown gallonage that I haven't picked up yet.

For a grand total of 12 tanks and 212+ gallons. Yeah, I think I have a mild case of MTS.

Congrats on the new acquisitions.

Congrats on the new acquisitions.

Thanks! I'm piecing together supplies for all 4 new tanks on Drs foster and smith right now. You know, buying supplies for one tank at a time isn't bad... But buying stuff in quadruplicate really adds up! But saving so much on the tanks helped a lot. I'm looking at an average of less than $100 per tank!

Got my kordon bags today getting everything ready that i can to ship off my baby blues to their new homes. Glad they are in good hands ;) gonna miss watching them grow.. but cant wait to redo the tank it looks soo empty now..

Well couldnt get the photo of the bigger baby blue to load mayb tomorrow it is like triple the size of the one in the picture

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130725_231205.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130725_231205.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 85
Pwc change on my elephant nose tank, he loves the water change. Got up this morning and my bamboo Shrimp had died :( really liked these shrimp.

Pwc change on my elephant nose tank, he loves the water change. Got up this morning and my bamboo Shrimp had died :( really liked these shrimp.

I'm sorry was it your only one left? You're having some bad luck the last few days. I'm sure things will get better

I'm sorry was it your only one left? You're having some bad luck the last few days. I'm sure things will get better

Yep it was my last :( he swam into the glass during pwc, he's obviously injured himself. It's been a awful week. Thank you.

Yep it was my last :( he swam into the glass during pwc, he's obviously injured himself. It's been a awful week. Thank you.

I can imagine that's a bad week. How is your son taking it? I know my daughter would be really upset

I can imagine that's a bad week. How is your son taking it? I know my daughter would be really upset

He's missing my betta, I'm going to look for another soon but at the moment it's too early for him. Thanks

Thinking about adding a school of. Cardinal tetras... I tried out three at first that were from my parents tank and near death so I took them not sure if they just become a snack for my angels. But two weeks and no issues the angels don't even seem to notice them any more. So I'm going to up my school to 12. Oh and the tetras are no longer near death and doing much better in a clean tank. Theyve already noticeably put on some size

I am in the process of cleaning the spare room so I can set my new tanks up. So far I've found a shirt I have been looking for for ages, the important papers my boyfriend thought he lost back in January, and some very useful kitchen tools. Nothing like having three empty tanks in the hallway to light a fire under your butt to get cleaning! Then Monday when I get my car back from the shop I will see what sort of stand materials I can get. Might need a friend with a truck to help, though. Fish room here I come!

Well i now have 5 holding females.. 1 waited until i started removing rocks and trying to clean to spit a few out.. in the middle of soaking my clothes bc my syphon come apart i tripped over my dog who was being nosey and almost knocked over my bucket and fell into the tank :/ thank God everything was smoother then it sounds and all is well .. Took longer then i was supposed to and rushed to throw my decor back in so it looks full on one side empty on the other then just not what i wanted so may be changing it tomorrow although the fish seem thrilled with it

Added a powerhead need to add the other one back in too see lota of progress so far..

Back
Top Bottom