What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also had to rearrange guppies I put a Betta back in 1 gal bowl and put 1 guppy an 2 endler guppy in 2.5 with snail the snail is getting worse I need get more cuttle bone

25% PWC on the 20Long betta ocean. Checked parameters and still cant figure out why the 36g is still cycling

Water changes for all of them and added prime I am doing fish in cycle ( didnt know about fish less until after I had the fish)

Added CO2 Booster and fed them lightly before school, then lightly again when I got home at 6. The rest of the day was spent admiring them while working on college apps.

Thinned dwarf sag yesterday. Today was zucchini day for the otos, and frozen bloodworms for everyone else.

Did 50% changing on both betta tanks.. they luvd it... kept circling.around the vac like sharks...lol

My package of snails and fire red shrimps should be in tomorrow ::dance dance ::

Ordered some water sprites too.. so far my plant i just got has survived but the clippings i got from another member didnt the.otos and snails now have minty fresh breath as they tore them up left only stems.. :(

Did a 50% change on my 125, my three apistogramma tanks and my shrimp tank. Plus feedings and other daily stuff. Also tested my tap for the first time since moving. Came out at about 7.6ph and 0 nitrate which I was pretty excited about since I came from 8.0ph and 10 nitrate. My girlfriends well came out at 8.2ph and close to 40 nitrate and off the charts hardness. So we are glad to have these new parameters

:)

12G is now clear, sparkling clear, and the DW slime is all gone. The 2 big(ger) :lol: Mystery snails are still cruising around eating things, I think one more day and I will give them a treat, maybe Saturday.

I waited to get my Tangerine Tiger Shrimp till the tank was good. So I think we are pretty much there. Emailed the breeder to get the ball rollin.

Also need to finalize an order for some new fish! :dance:

Also talked to a fellow hobbyist locally who is looking for some Ramshorns and Baby Mystery Snails, going to share them and pick up some Christmas Moss as a thank you and maybe some other stems. Their snail Gary was lost in the midst of a substrate change and the little child who cared about Gary (the pond snail) is sad. We are gonna fix that on Saturday!

Pretty excited actually!

Did 50% changing on both betta tanks.. they luvd it... kept circling.around the vac like sharks...lol

My package of snails and fire red shrimps should be in tomorrow ::dance dance ::

Ordered some water sprites too.. so far my plant i just got has survived but the clippings i got from another member didnt the.otos and snails now have minty fresh breath as they tore them up left only stems.. :(

Snails and PFRS...nice.
Glad your Otos and snails have minty fresh breath! I'm thinking that it was the heat during transport that may have caused the leaves to melt (and become tasty treats). Hope the moss fared better.
I left my lights on last night. I was watching the Ravens-Broncos game last night and turned off the timer so I could check out the tank at half time and forgot about it. This morning the plants were pearling and fish were in a daze looking like "What time is it?".
Nothing for the rest of the day but tomorrow I might take out all of the Bacopa and do a big rescape. Not liking how the tank looks ATM.

Snails and PFRS...nice.
Glad your Otos and snails have minty fresh breath! I'm thinking that it was the heat during transport that may have caused the leaves to melt.

I was hoping they would make it .. but all died even added some to my betta tanks.. they didnt look to bad when they arrived... the moss is great keeps a snail and shrimp in it at all times.. lol

Added another 8kg of gravel substrate, installed a bubble wall under the gravel, did a 30% water change and tried a different style of lighting :)

Had a panic, ! The internal built filter housing on my 80litre fell off during cleaning ! So I just binned it and replaced it with the internal eheim I had on my 200 litre , thank god I removed that when I did ! Fortunately all the media fit too, so I did a 50% water change to get rid of some of the debris that escaped , and did a 80% water change on my tiny fry tank , so we are all good for another week :)

It looks like I've beaten the ich in my QT, but of course the treatment will continue its full course.

Did weekly pwc on my DT. Everything looks good. Corys are much more visible now that the excess dwarf sag has been cleared out.

Checked parameters on my 36g

ITS FINALLY CYCLED!

ammo 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 80 ppm

Gonna do a 50% WC and in 4 hours another 50% WC

Back
Top Bottom