What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank the snail is in

View attachment 197008

Hoping its not to far gone I got this snail from Petsmart

View attachment 197003 if I knew my water wouldn't work well with snail I never would have got it I learned hard way about needing to research more because Petsmart doesn't inform you well. I am new to fish and aquariums

We are here to help! Now you know, research first.. Even then you can make errors. It is a learning experience. But hopefully you learn as much as possible BEFORE.

Don't be so hard on yourself, it should be fine, if you can raise the calcium in the water some. You can also feed the snail some Crab Cuisine from Hikari, our Petco has it for 3.99 The snail should love it.

I just woke up from a terrible dream that my fish were all dead and the water chemistry test all showed "sludge". I came down and checked my tanks and sure enough, the Nitrite were showing just a bit in my big tank. I took some tank decor out last week and added a few fish at the same time and knew I triggered a mini cycle. Been testing twice a day and this is the first time I have seen a rise in Nitrite, before it's been Ammonia rising and water changes near daily. Changing the water now.

I just woke up from a terrible dream that my fish were all dead and the water chemistry test all showed "sludge". I came down and checked my tanks and sure enough, the Nitrite were showing just a bit in my big tank. I took some tank decor out last week and added a few fish at the same time and knew I triggered a mini cycle. Been testing twice a day and this is the first time I have seen a rise in Nitrite, before it's been Ammonia rising and water changes near daily. Changing the water now.

Our subconscious mind is amazing! I'm glad you caught the spike and did a water change!

Meant to post this yesterday..

Topped off tanks

Day 2 of zucchini in our 6G Cyl Tank, hoping our pair of otos will eat some so far no takers...

Day 2 of organic baby carrot slices in our 2G Nano Long shrimp tank. The shrimp seem to love carrot discs and I seem to always catch a few shrimp picking on them.

Picked up some new livestock for various tanks today, acclimating and will "launch" tomorrow

Well since we are posting what we have tried feeding...lol

I made snail/fish jello last night.. it was a horrible attempt as my blender blew the motor out and the hubby threw away my food processor .. i couldnt trash all the stuff i had prepared so i improvised and made a jello mash instead the fish loved it so did the crays and snails havent tried it on shrimp yet.. bought a new ninja chopper today gonna try it out and grabbed some extra ingredients to try ... feel like betty crocker for my aquatic pets ...lol

My favorite new guppy in 10gal quarantine tank died .. Will return her to petstore tomorrow :( did 50% water change on 10 gal and 29 gal tank all my 5 Betta In 1 gal bowls look good. The snail in2.5 is still alive and the 3 guppies r doin great ( I have extra filters in all my tanks )

Did a 1/3 pwc on my 12G Edge. Plants seemed to be getting used to the change in lighting, LEDs now, and seem to even be growing a little bit. I see pinkish tips on the Red Rotala and the Sunset Hygrophila. The Anubias Nana Petite is seemingly unfazed by the move, still looks perfect with the tiniest new leaves. Staurogyne Repens is looking good, lost three from the substrate and they are now floaters, will have to capture them on the next wc and put them back.

Christmas Moss tied to the 10" long DW branch (8" of moss) seems brown in the middle of the branch and green coming in nicely on the ends. Can't tell any reason why. Hope it either greens up or is grown over with happy moss.

Spiderwood is still leaching tannins so I have lovely golden water. Still clear so it's completely fine with me!

Added water to all the tanks. Added fresh water to the plant buckets and MTS snail bucket waiting for transport tomorrow.

Can't believe how much more flow my old Aqueon HOB filter has since I cleaned it out really well!!! lol It's really cleaning the water, oh and getting out a million snails and baby fish getting fed fish fry food several times a day didn't hurt either!!!

So getting the 16 G ready for the new shipment of 40 Boraras Brigittae. New Nerites - Tire tracks and horned, and on the fence about spending 20 for 3 Orange Lazer Cories. Normally $12-15 each at the lfs. I have one now which came from lfs from a mixed WC /wild caught Cory tank for about $5. Very lucky find, have had him for awhile now!!! He hangs out with the other Cories presently.

Will use 16G as a QT before I split some of them up into my two other shrimp tanks.

Put away a bunch of misc. stuff I left out when I was moving things around so much between buckets and tanks and shipping the other day. And now off to work soon to pay for all my fun!!!

on the fence about spending 20 for 3 Orange Lazer Cories. Normally $12-15 each at the lfs. I have one now which came from lfs from a mixed WC /wild caught Cory tank for about $5. Very lucky find, have had him for awhile now!!! He hangs out with the other Cories presently.!

Splurge alittle get the deal...lol its a very good deal..

Got some ghost shrimp and gold danios for the 10g. I'm drip acclimating them as we speak. The of the ghost shrimp are pregnant with about 20 eggs each.

Trimmed some more plants and starting to figure out how I'm going to move my 'big' 29 gallon in a month or 2. It's been planted for over a year and everything is very much established. I have an idea: remove all fish and drain water to about an inch or so, leaving all plants rooted in the sand. Only moving 2 minutes away so it shouldn't be too shocking to them.

Lost another guppy a male tis time fro quarantine tank already did water change today so I won't do another seems pointless to since most it was in there was 4 hours at most if it died right after I left house today

Went to the LFS looking for some hard scape. They have lots of DW but I was looking for stones. Did not see anything I liked so I went to Lowes and picked up a bag of River Rock. The rocks in the bag varied in size from pea gravel to larger than walnut size. They were quite dusty at first; a quick rinse displayed some nice colors:
K2wfAwx.jpg

Here is another shot; there is a quarter in the pic for size reference:
5FoERxp.jpg

Question: Aside from thorough scrubbing and washing with hot water, should I do the vinegar test on these?
I might let them soak in tap water and see if there is a change in pH overnight.

Picked up a few huge chunks of fissidens fontanus from a local SCAPE buddy :thanks:

Picked up new digital timers for our lights (with built in battery backup) :dance:

Planted glosso in our 2G Pico Cube

Launched 5 H. almandae (ember tetra) into our 2G Pico Cube

Launched a CPO into our 6G Cyl Tank

Also
Ordered 23G CAD Lights ZEN tank from SCAPE group buy... pickup next week at the SCAPE October meeting at A+Tropical Fish in San Gabriel, CA, Sunday 9/15

Last edited:
Got some ghost shrimp and gold danios for the 10g. I'm drip acclimating them as we speak. The of the ghost shrimp are pregnant with about 20 eggs each.

Cool :cool:
You'll need a brackish setup for those ghost shrimp hatchlings, AFAIK

Im tired... i started cleaning the 125g at 1030p i took apart and cleaned a filter changed the pads n it too.. removed all rocks and slate after draining 40% of the water.. fought fish over every move an almost squashed some very nosey ones that kept brushing against me while i was arranging rocks... not a good idea on their part :/ thought they were the catfish ... was hoping a change of scenery would calm the tempers in my tank so far nope.. got several holding females that are first timers and they are liking the new hidey holes ... ..moved a filter down and put the powerhead in the middle... im just exhausted... made another batch of food .. Finally got holes drilled in my dw ... oh sprayed the kitchen down with water before i realized i had the water changer on the wrong setting.. what a night......

Got the rescue Betta delivered to a excited happy recipient!!!

Was going to put the rescue African Dwarf Frog in too, they have been tank mates. No problems, Betta was in a community tank before.

The ADF was injured by a Cherry Barb who I am guessing bit out his eye in the days just before I picked him up. The Cherry barb was biting him when I actually picked him up from the people and bit his head. The injury on his head seems to be healing but I decided to keep him and treat him with an antibiotic just to make sure he is healthy for the adoptor.

Changed the water in his tank so he would be in clean water for the treatment tomorrow.

50% wc on betta bowl

Fed all tanks but shrimp tank

Watched new CPO show 5 nosey neon tetras what pinchers feel like after they tried to steal his algee wafer... fun!

Back
Top Bottom