What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not today but over the weekend i added peppermint shrimps to eradicate a invasion of aiptasia. I must have underestimated their appetite ... all gone ... wondering how to feed them now ...

Applied a second dose of fungus cure to my tank. One fish looks clear of the side fungus while the original tetra with mouth fungus must have been kissing. Now 2 NTs have mouth fungus.

Oh no oh no i found a baby snail! Just one i don't think its the child of Gary though....i didn't rinse the anacharis stupid me!!!! I may need to get assassin snails soon....

OOPS! JK
They are good cleaners, don't over feed and smash the ones you don't want, or give them to someone who wants them. I love my snails.

Understand, things are different if you have one, than if you have 100.

Today I cleaned the Aquaclear 110 inside and out, cleaned the 16G filter and prefilter, and the prefilter in the 12.

Did 10-20% pwc in 37G, 12G, 5G Chi.

Took some pics of my fish.

I have my albums full so I will have to add more later.

here is my crazy bamboo shrimp, happily fanning all the time.
60074-albums11380-picture65254.jpg

Understand, things are different if you have one, than if you have 100.

Today I cleaned the Aquaclear 110 inside and out, cleaned the 16G filter and prefilter, and the prefilter in the 12.

Did 10-20% pwc in 37G, 12G, 5G Chi.

Took some pics of my fish.

I have my albums full so I will have to add more later.

here is my crazy bamboo shrimp, happily fanning all the time.
60074-albums11380-picture65254.jpg

I can imagine that shrimp saying do you even lift bro. Have they all got large legs like that or is he an anomaly? Looks pretty cool.

I bought two more Rasboras to complete my school. I have 8 now. I am considering moving the new pair into a newly set up tank as the starter fish fairly soon. I have a load of cycled media to get things running. 6 fish in QT in total divided by 2 tanks so my fish with fungus can continue treatment without the addition of potential new problems with my new stock.

My sister and niece visited today and wanted to see my fish. They normally only show a touch of excitement but today they saw Kuhlis and my small bristlenose decided to show off his/her belly and cleaning technique on the glass. Sister said she would love a Bristlenose plec as a passing comment (sucker fish in her words) and had to put up with me trying to get a 20g set up in her house until she tires of it. I had to feed some bloodworms to get the kuhlis out. They were grossed out by the worms but loved the Kuhlis which they had not spotted before today. Sister was even 95% correctin her memory of Kuhli Lurches. They had a tonne of questions that i enjoyed answering. I will get them to adopt a tank eventually. Niece told me i have too many tanksmaybe in hopes i would donate one ofthe 8 empties i have. I would happily donate one if she is allowed.

I can imagine that shrimp saying do you even lift bro. Have they all got large legs like that or is he an anomaly? Looks pretty cool.

I bought two more Rasboras to complete my school. I have 8 now. I am considering moving the new pair into a newly set up tank as the starter fish fairly soon. I have a load of cycled media to get things running. 6 fish in QT in total divided by 2 tanks so my fish with fungus can continue treatment without the addition of potential new problems with my new stock.

My sister and niece visited today and wanted to see my fish. They normally only show a touch of excitement but today they saw Kuhlis and my small bristlenose decided to show off his/her belly and cleaning technique on the glass. Sister said she would love a Bristlenose plec as a passing comment (sucker fish in her words) and had to put up with me trying to get a 20g set up in her house until she tires of it. I had to feed some bloodworms to get the kuhlis out. They were grossed out by the worms but loved the Kuhlis which they had not spotted before today. Sister was even 95% correctin her memory of Kuhli Lurches. They had a tonne of questions that i enjoyed answering. I will get them to adopt a tank eventually. Niece told me i have too many tanksmaybe in hopes i would donate one ofthe 8 empties i have. I would happily donate one if she is allowed.

Sounds like you maybe getting them "hooked" - had to use one of the newly available smilies :BIG:

Those shrimp are a little different variety than any I have had or seen before. I also got a 2" one but haven't seen it lately so it maybe fell prey to one of the bigger bottom feeders after a molt, though I hope it just found a different area it likes better to fan, and I can't see it...

This one looks like an anchor. The others, I have seen mainly for the last few years, have a much more refined look to them. This guy and all the more recent ones the store has been getting look somewhat mutant, or rugged to phrase it a bit nicer.

Well I didn't physically do anything with my tank today but I did finish drawing the stand up for my 55 gal bow front what do you think? Still gotta build the frame that's going to hold the 2 400watt halides haha just trying to work out the hight

I took this 10g apart yesterday, then filled it up with eco complete and sfgiants plants I got:)

Attachments

• 1391789507446.jpg
    1391789507446.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 1391789580398.jpg
    1391789580398.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 1391789598236.jpg
    1391789598236.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 89
Forgot the pic of the stand haha View attachment 221226

You are going to build it????? Wow!

I think you may need a couple additional brace pieces around the bow for support and tacking on the front skin so it doesn't get dented in as easily. Not really explaining myself well. A couple more vertical parts in the bow area to support the skin on the out side. Of course I don't know the rest of the design, for instance if you aren't covering it with anything.

I took this 10g apart yesterday, then filled it up with eco complete and sfgiants plants I got:)

Love the colors in the plants! What kinds are they?

I bought sfgiants colorful plant package. The only one I remember is ludwigia repens lok

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fed them and added melafix and fungus clear. Been watching the fish most of the day because there's nothing on tv

Rescape again! Better?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1391822747725.jpg
    1391822747725.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 1391822800820.jpg
    1391822800820.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 89
  • 1391822813347.jpg
    1391822813347.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 102