What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's going to be steel the weight is for the tank and everything inside it I went a lot more then it actually is because I want to be safe with it load capacity and I was thinking of putting more braces on the bow part I just gotta leave enough room to fit a sump in there

I rearranged stones for one tier in a 20g i have been scaping for the thousandth time. I couldn't get it to look right. I decided that the stones in the front tier look cluttered however i re-arrange them. So I went to the LFS because i needed :rolleyes: a bit of driftwood that would make the tier look less constructed. The bit i bought has a nice cave baby fist sized with a small round entrance. It (cave) was wrapped and hidden when i bought so it was a bonus to find it under the plastic wrap and label. It's pretty much just what i needed to get the scape how i wanted it. I may spend a couple of hours boiling it then tank it and begin filling and planting today.

I also picked up some Pongols to go with the pair of Dwarf pongols i have to create some flow in size. This scape will almost be stem free so the Pongols will stand out amongst a Crypt heavy planting scheme. My Dwarf Pongol gets hidden by stems all the time in the current set up so i hope they become more viewable in the new scape. They don't fit well with stems.

Cleaned out the fish supplies drawers, threw out lots of trash, found some fish foods that were all the way to the bottom, so I don't have to buy some for a little while. lol Fed frozen Brine Shrimp. Did some research for new projects. Still trying to decide which tanks to keep/change or get rid of. :ermm:

The Koi Angel pair is cleaning in their tank!!! Maybe eggs.

Cleaned out the fish supplies drawers, threw out lots of trash, found some fish foods that were all the way to the bottom, so I don't have to buy some for a little while. lol Fed frozen Brine Shrimp. Did some research for new projects. Still trying to decide which tanks to keep/change or get rid of. :ermm:

The Koi Angel pair is cleaning in their tank!!! Maybe eggs.

What do frozen brine shrimp eat? Kidding. Sounds like a good day!

Found my Koi Angels laid eggs, and fertilized them (in progress).

Helped a lady at the fish store who just bought a new tank and wanted to put in a Red Parrot and a 4 inch Fantail Goldy. And is having abirthday party soon and the theme is Fire and Water and she wants every one to bring her a candle or a fish for her tank :eek::eek::eek::blink:

So I tried to work through the info of what to do and gave her the forum info. She left with two young Red Parrots and 2 Tiger Barbs for her 36G. I hope things will work out for her I mentioned she should maybe not go with the birthday fish idea because they dont always go together....etc. etc. etc.

Brought home two female Bettas, one looks like a placket bright & dark blue and the other is a Crowntail pale blue iridescent.

Determined by testing that I have to do a minimal of 30% water changes at least 2 times a week otherwise nitrate level will go above 40. Tank is really clear now. Can't determine why my EBJD won't eat whether lights are on or off. I theorized initially this was due to clearing of an algae bloom that lasted months and now that he can see, he stressed. I don't know. Acts normally, but slight bulge on his left side has me concerned.

Did a massive trim and replant of my 20g. I removed more than i left in the tank. It was at jungle stage and i had some stems that were twined together from one side of the tank to the other shading everything. I moved a large dwarf hairgrass from the middle of the tank to the side where i have a grove of them. It really filled out the grove and added some height. It grew tall in the shadow of Ludwigiaand is about an inch taller than the rest of the plants. I can see Cabomba again now that its trimmed. Will have to do smaller regular trimmings. I also did a 50% WC afterwards to clear up the substrate where i removed plants. I am due to do another fungus dosage now too, but i will do it before bed so i can enjoy the trimmed tank before coloring the water with dye.

I also shuffled filters round. This tank now has an uncycled 30g plus a small filter that is cycled and good for about 15g. I had it paired with another filter in this tank. hopefully it stays fully cycled i mashed the sponges together when doing WC so some bacteria should have transferred. I will split the stock in this tank once my Rasboras in QT are ready to join the community. I hate being overstocked but i saved 7 abandoned fish which tipped me past recommended stocking levels. Pretty happy with the nights work and i have 20 minutes to enjoy the tank before the timer switches off the lights.

PWC on my 5G Chi with the new baby sorority of 3, fed the babies and the new Glowlights and Metae Cory pair, in QT.

Saw a gorgeous green and golden Dragonscsale the other day at the petstore, if he is still there I will probably get him. Was trying not to...so that's one reason I decided to think it over. :ermm: I am really wanting a Mustard Gas and a purple and orange Mustard gas looking one from Thailand :facepalm: Hate it when they are calling your name...

Put away all the aquarium stuff i left out the last two days from when I get too busy to complete my tasks. Ahh the life of a fish keeper. Need to do a pwc on the 72G tonight or in the morning. That is the last one and I will be caught up.:whip:

Back
Top Bottom