What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Added a few new rocks for the fish to call home. Yellow lab has been picking on my red zebra so I needed to make a few changes. Also did my water change, scrubbed the glass and cleaned out the filter pads and changed the carbon. I swear I think my fish have a cleaner home then I do lol
i know how you feel. im religous with PWC's but never clean my room lol. today i did my water changes. even though one tank is either mostly empty or has one fry(he might be dead,might be in the java moss),and got new fish food and bloodworms

Its been a busy few days for my tank. On friday I added a new addition to the tank a german gold ram. On saturday did the usual water change, gravel vac, wipe down the walls. Tried to reset the ledlight/bubbler that I have in the bottom of the tank. Figured out that I will need to weigh it down the suction cups were too worn. So I too it out accidentall broke the bubble part of it. I siliconed it to some slate that I had in the tank at one time. Now today I notice my ram was at the surface a little too much for my liking. So when in doubt do a water change. So I took advantage and reseated the led light.

i fed them. when i fed my 20,i looked over into my 10,and what do i see? the jewel fry i hadnt seen in over a week,finally looking like a fish. he was pretty fat too,guess the java moss worked

MissSmish said:
Stared at my tank trying to count all the babies and playing chase the finger with Delilah (female dwarf gourami), gave them their morning feed and watched Frankenstein and frankenfurter (my two big snails) parasnailing for a while, man can those guys move when they want to!

Parasnailing is a great word! I did my weekly water change for the puffers yesterday, I'll probably go ahead and do the other tanks later today.

Fed my fish, tested my water, yay for perfect params! Worked out i am basically overrun with platy fry so I'm getting another tank to put the little guys in on thursday, already got the media in my current filter to seed it, going to leave it to run through till Sunday when I do a mass change....

I didn't invent parasnailing, someone else on here did, but it's so perfect I stole it haha!

I've been super busy with work the last few weeks, then ended up in the hospital on Friday with planter fasciatus. My tank have been neglected, a missed water changes and a few missed feedings.. but I'm I'm about to tough it out and clean all 4 tanks w/ partial gravel vacuum ... I'm not looking forward to this but my fish will be happier I know :)

PWC, added a blue background with Sea Clear..messy, but did the trick! Waiting on my other two 24W dual bulb T5's to get In tomorrow.

Mid trimming back plants (having some issues with them even with Co2..switched ferts..hope that helps

image-3253665852.jpg

I did a 14 gal pwc, took everything out and stirred the sand, rearranged everything and took out my bubble stone. Rinsed out my filter unit and rinsed the filter pads. All clean! I like the way it looks now. :)

Very Busy weekend....

75 Gallon Oscar Tank completed ...Awaiting on Emperor 400

55 Gallon African Done, Set up Filters transfer along with Stock...Levels very stable no sign of mini cycle.

30 Gallon Cleaned and moved to Basement/Fish room/Office...

60 Gallon PWC and added another Parrot....

Fed fish
Caught female guppy
Put female guppy in breeder trap
Tried to catch a fry
Noticed other female is in labor too!
Banghead

Water change, added gravel, added driftwood, removed fry to a fry tank, rescaped, had my dog tell me that one of my fish had jumped out of the bucket he was in while I had my back turned, refilled my tank, tested params, put the fish & shrimp & loaches back in and that's about it...

Oh and photo:

From this:
image-1706586557.jpg

To this:
image-3189026402.jpg

Well..I added not one, but two 48" dual bulb t5 lights. At 2 WPG! I just need to find a home for the 2, 30" dual bulb t5's and a canopy to help block the light from these two fixtures.

MissSmish, very nicely done!

What did I do today? For about the 357th time, turned my japanese trapdoor snail right side up. I swear, I've never seen a snail flip over as much as this guy does...... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom