What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rescape. Tank is a bit hazy. Go to my build thread for details "Fresh2o's 20g Rescape"
Y1EhyWV.jpg

That looks great!!! Nice job.

I like your right side substrate. :) like a fishie jungle gym. May I ask, where and what kind, does everyone get their sand?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I used playsand as suggested by others.. It does take some washing first but does look great

WOW! I LOVE IT! Don't take this the wrong way, but it gives me a "Snow White and The Seven Dwarves" feel. Very homey. I really love it. Excellent work my dear!

Thanks!

Its not fun. My poor little kiss gouramis are sooo darn sick :/

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Word from the wise. Kissing gouramis fall into the "1 or 5" rule as I understand it.

A pair does not end well under normal circumstances. Don't know the quantity, but given their adult size most keep a lone kisser.

Edit: fed the goldfish broccoli seems to be taking off now

That looks great!!! Nice job.

Thanks for the kind words. I did not realize how much the plants had grown until I pulled them out. I only used about 25-30% of them. I would have done an RAOK giveaway but the amount of BBA and the process of separating the good, bad, and ugly was daunting. This is a big change. I actually get to see the substrate.

My Sunday is always busy with WC.
50% WC on Kuhli tank 9g out 10g in with top up.
Community 20g, took 9g out added 10g, put meds in (stem plants need a trim badly).
Comet 35g (i know too small for them) 40%
I have to dose ferts yet too.

During the day i did a smorgas board day in terms of feeding. I like to give them a day of plentiful feeding when a WC is due. I wonder why my Kuhli loaches are tapered like cigars though.
Comets- Flakes, Crushed algae pellet, watermelon chunk and enough corn to fill their mouths to finish the day. Been neglecting them in terms of variety for a week or so. This was kind of a delayed Easter treat. Greedy buggers are still begging.
Kuhli & Shrimp tank- Sinking pellets, Bloodworms, Peas and Watermelon chunks. Easter for them too but they're easier to give varied frozen food to so less neglected.
Community- Peas, Watermelon, Pellets and Flakes.
Betta- Blackworm, Bloodworm, Watermelon and Pea.

I got no work done on my sump which had been the goal for my afternoon. I had planned to at least have my broken glass bits sorted into size and cut to fit a wier style system but went out for lunch and took 4 hours. I wish i had 4 hour lunch breaks on work days.

Did 35% water change, moved my scape so my plant wouldn't be forced down constantly by the filters. Fed some yummy bloodworms too.

Edit: also, I skimmed out all the poop from the last 3-4 days. They have been less productive (or my filters are just catching up) so it hasn't needed it. I took out a "cave" a few days ago and the tank has been much cleaner.

It's been raining recently, so I drained out a few gallons from the aquaponics system outside yesterday, it's finally cycled and the broccoli plants are starting to really grow. I have to feed the goldfish twice or 3 times a day.

Yesterday: found a female guppy dead

Today: turned off the lights this morning in case someone has velvet, and checked in on them just now and my male guppy's tail is a mess!
Posted a thread asking for help. Don't want my tank to die :eek:

Big clean on my elephant nose tank yesterday his tail is healing up nicely.
Added some more rcs too my African shrimp tank i have around 30 now so I'm buying no more Lol
1398878945080.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Added some more rcs too my African shrimp tank i have around 30 now so I'm buying no more Lol
View attachment 235518

Your RCS should grace the tank with plenty of babies for you!!! Love the snails, nice looking.

Well I will be boiling my rocks today for the start of my SW low budget project. After that I will be setting up a tub and starting to get the coral rocks seeded.

Maybe if I have enough time will clean my Fluval FX-5 filter. Always need a bunch of towels for when I cause a flood. Not my favorite task. And yes it should seem so simple, but somehow I always make a mistake and make a HUGE mess at least once during the process. I keep swearing to make a laminated step by step check list... Thank goodness it is a simple filter, or I would really be in trouble!

View attachment 235518

Your RCS should grace the tank with plenty of babies for you!!! Love the snails, nice looking.

Well I will be boiling my rocks today for the start of my SW low budget project. After that I will be setting up a tub and starting to get the coral rocks seeded.

Maybe if I have enough time will clean my Fluval FX-5 filter. Always need a bunch of towels for when I cause a flood. Not my favorite task. And yes it should seem so simple, but somehow I always make a mistake and make a HUGE mess at least once during the process. I keep swearing to make a laminated step by step check list... Thank goodness it is a simple filter, or I would really be in trouble!

Thank you dear! That's what I'm hoping lots of babies!
Good luck with the SW tank one thing I've always wanted to own but I'm not brave enough.
And enjoy your filter cleaning :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I am very excited to say that the filter cleaning went perfectly. I didn't even flood anything or spill water. That Fluval FX-5 is a workhorse and although it was really dirty inside, it didn't even smell!!! So I am very pleased with it and also hoping my gently rinsing will preserve my BB.

Yes it is just cleaning a filter but it was surprising it went the way it was supposed to!!! Previously, both my floor and myself looked like a swamp with a drown rat.:blink:

Well I am very excited to say that the filter cleaning went perfectly. I didn't even flood anything or spill water. That Fluval FX-5 is a workhorse and although it was really dirty inside, it didn't even smell!!! So I am very pleased with it and also hoping my gently rinsing will preserve my BB.

Yes it is just cleaning a filter but it was surprising it went the way it was supposed to!!! Previously, both my floor and myself looked like a swamp with a drown rat.:blink:

That's great! Anything to make cleaning easier makes you want to do it more I find. And/or dread it less lol

Did 35% WC. Fed bloodworms. Skimmed out what little poop was in the tank. Tested pH and ammonia levels. Added a dose of pH Down to lower it just a tiny bit.

Back
Top Bottom