What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405041531.182004.jpg
There's some of the S. Repens. There's still some places that need to be filled in, but I think I'll wait until the plants are more established, rather than using small floating clippings.

Ended up buying 2 long finned leopard danios spontaneously for my 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Got some new driftwood. Not sure of the placement though any thoughts or suggestions?

-Nick-

Do you guys think an aquaclear 50 is enough filtration for a 20 long just took out my bubble filter pretty well stocked.

-Nick-

I can't keep a planted tank and it drives me nuts,
I keep just about everything in salt but that FW thing wont allow me to grow plants
go figure, oh well

Do you guys think an aquaclear 50 is enough filtration for a 20 long just took out my bubble filter pretty well stocked.

-Nick-

It should be. However, I run 2 AC50s on a 20g long, 40% stocked. The second filter is primarily for mechanical filtration and for CO2 distribution. I must mention that extra filtration is no substitute for water changes.

FaceTime is amazing, it let me watch my fish while I'm away from home :) just watched fish today, nothing much. Gonna do another PWC tomorrow.

I can't keep a planted tank and it drives me nuts,
I keep just about everything in salt but that FW thing wont allow me to grow plants
go figure, oh well

Do you have any (or much) Kh in your FW ? Lsf just explained the water is so low kH (more so sometimes during the year than others) that it can allow conditions that can crash tanks and not grow plants. idnk true or not but I have extremely low kH. So I am checking into that a little more.

Added red myrio, purple cabomba, and 3 new angels. BMLED should come in a couple days and I can't wait! Also cleaned the glass hahaImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405198034.257512.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405198050.637633.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405198065.698642.jpg

Do you have any (or much) Kh in your FW ? Lsf just explained the water is so low kH (more so sometimes during the year than others) that it can allow conditions that can crash tanks and not grow plants. idnk true or not but I have extremely low kH. So I am checking into that a little more.

Crushed coral. Solved.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Built a stand for my new 30g, dug through boxes from last year's move (and finally found the missing 20# bag of gravel), unpacked and cleaned all my aquarium gear that was in storage. Told my husband I'd really like another 30g to bookend the dining room. I'm pretty sure he thinks I've gone fish-crazy...

... Told my husband I'd really like another 30g to bookend the dining room....

You need to emphasize that the room looks (and feels) unbalanced without the other tank.
Going to add a 23w CFL to my planted to to boost the lighting (Finnex FugeRay on a 20g long). Leaning towards the planted + since it is a shallow tank. Not sure I want to spend 2.5x of that for a BML Dutch Planted 6300K or 3x of that for the equivalent XB series. I could always run the FugeRay and planted + in tandem. Hmmm...

Hello I have a red cap oranda and a black moor. I got them from same tank at the pet store. Yet one of them "red cap" got ich 3 days later. I treated the tank than he started staying at the top of tank.

I did 15% water change figured it was to much ich medicine since he is only 1inch long. Now he's just sitting at the bottom. Not eating. Ich looks like it went away but than he had a white fuzzy thing on the back fin. I took him to the top to rub it off. Some fell off than I go out few hours come back to see his tail that had that white peice is now all shreds. He also got black lips the day after I treated tank with ich medicine.

All and all. Is he dying ? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405318197.015904.jpg

Scrubbed down and reassembled two aquariums that were in storage, and started putting together the new 30g; it's going to need more plants, and a sizable driftwood or cave or...something.

Rinsed and transferred 35# of gravel. Discovered that some of the plants I had two days ago have gone missing, really hope the cat hasn't appropriated them as chew toys...

Picked up 4 small young Chilis aka Boraras Brigittae to go in with my other 2 or 3. I have had the others about 1.5+ years, and I am not sure how long they normally last.

Most excited about my new addition of a probably male and female Scarlet Badis, aka Dario Dario or Scarlet Gem Badis. We selected a bright one and a lighter one, which were hanging around each other, so hopefully. These went into the 6.6G Edge.

I have been getting ready for these little guys and decided the next time I found them and they looked healthy they would be mine! So paid about 6.88 each, more than I had intended to pay, but a reasonable cost to have them. They were in a tank with about 6 others of their kind and about 40 other of at least 3 types of Micro fish. I am hoping with more cover and less chaos they will color up well. They are pretty small but nicely patterned.

My little CPD aka Galaxy Rasboras are beginning to get little glints of blue and red.

My order of Blue Mystery snails should be here in about 7 hours.

This gets me closer to being up and running with all my tanks at the stock selection pretty close to what I was wanting.

Actually went to the lfs, an hour drive, lol, to get Sundanio Axlerodi Blue Neon (Rasbora) but of all the days to stop in, they were out. Which seems to happen for the past 6 months. Have them when I call but when I am finally able to get by there, all gone! :/ At least I went for an other errand and combined the trip.

Still looking for them, maybe next week's shipment.

Got a fresh mulberry leaf for the shrimp tanks.

Last edited:
I ordered an aquarium for my cousin's birthday, it should arrive anytime today!! I'm excited to spread the disease of fish keeping ;) Her parents had a 55 gallon with discus, angelfish, and a shark (not at the same time, of course) so fish keeping is in her blood. She should catch on fast ;)

I've been doing 50% PWCs every other day for my betta, but I think I'm going to have to do a 100% WC because the stuff in the gravel isn't coming up (I don't have a syphon so I'm scooping water out and pouring more in) and since there isn't any filter, I'm worried about the ammonia content.

We are going to have to go to a fish store anyways to get her fish, I could try to get a syphon or at least some airline tubing to use as a syphon.

Back
Top Bottom