What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been watching my pleco pig out on the zucchini in the left clip all day. Nobody has really touched the romaine, but I'm sure the shark will get to it tomorrow. It's been a long semester for these guys with some infrequent water changes and missed feedings, so it's nice to see them lively again.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1416279779734.jpg
    1416279779734.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 99
I keep telling Trenna to invent and patent one of these and put those water changing discussions to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That would be so awesome! I am not completely dumb but not that smart about all the connections and how to think it all through. I had many problems years back when I made up my trash can filter for my koi pond.
And a few o:blink: duh moments. I was proud of it in the end but there was a big learning curve...!

So unless anyone knows of a good plan some where here you can PM me if you do!!!

Still shopping for and planning my new sw tank too! Back burner for the water auto changer though.

Rescape

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks nice.

Well I found the Angel Eggs were there again today, but there were a few more white ones maybe 6 total. Then when I turned the light on, saw that the inflow was causing much agitation in the water, and the sticky part on the eggs must have been wearing off as the eggs were slipping off the leaf at an alarming rate. As fast as the parents could scoop them the would slip off a couple more.

So I filled up my empty, clean 35G which was up for sale, with maybe 2/5 new water and 3/5 old water and started searching through my fish supply shelf and ran across a new hob filter I bought and forgot to return when I didn't need it, but then I found a sponge filter which I bought at the Spring fish auction and put into the back once the other pair didn't breed and then lost the mate.

So added a new sponge filter to the tank the giant Anubias chunk that the eggs were on a hand full of misc. plants from the Spare tank, then had to put rocks on the sponge filter to hold it at the bottom of the tank, a heater, caught the momma and got her in first, then the dad. They haven't noticed the eggs yet even though I held the plant at an angle in the tank with the leaf with the eggs right in front of her. Added a piece of slate in front of the heater.

I noticed 2 eggs stuck to the front of the aquarium glass after cleaning and refilling from the "pwc" in the 72G. The Rainbow fish was hanging out in the back to catch any of the eggs the parents had missed scooping up. So he had a big snack this morning.

The 72G seems so empty now! And so much more peaceful! All the rest of the fish are milling around exploring and eating the dropped eggs :( .

So after all that, there was only a cluster of about 20 eggs still stuck to the leaf in the new breeder tank.

Last night did pwc on 6.6G and changed the prefilter sponge on the 12G.

Have to get the SW filter cleaned out next.

Watched my pleco pig out on romaine.

Attachments

• 1416547692109.jpg
    1416547692109.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 106
Relocated my reef keeper

f3bkHjM.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Water change and added rocks to the bottom
Really brightens it up

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Yes, I am a Harry Potter Nerd. SO THERE! ✨ ?⚡

Picking up new to me Current Planted plus LED light for the 72G. :dance:

It is a bit too small for that tank, 4 foot tank with the light which is 36-48", but will be using it with the single fluorescent which is stock fixture and plant bulb.

It is the light which has a myriad of settings in a remote. Wow am I excited to see if the plants perk up!

It is RBG leds which I am excited to experiment with to some degree. Also still curious if the adjustable settings can accommodate low light corals in SW. Anyway it is half the price of new and has a brand new remote from a local hobbyist friend.

So today will be playing with my new light :D

Got a new, smaller net. I came with a tank clip to hold it in the side. Pretty convenient.

Got the new light and wow! It has lots of options, I just need to learn how to program it for custom programs.

Today I did a 15G pwc for the 72G tank. In doing that I tried to catch the big fish, the Purple Spotted Gudgeon for my daughter to take home. But no! Again, couldn't catch him.

Daughter brought over some Tetras to go into the QT tank.

Replanted about 20 plants that had come out because the Angels are plucking them out and eating them! Trimmed old leaves. New leaves look better now. Need to put in some more root caps. Reattached the various Anubias to the DW.

Decided to get another 10+ Cardinals, maybe 20, I have been wanting a big bunch of them in the tank and seem to always have a reason why I can't. I have decided to make the tank what I want, so some Angels may be moved or switched. One of my pre new year resolutions is to make my tanks into what I want and create new visions. There will be a couple surprises coming up.

Removed the 2 pond snails I had. They where eating algae way to fast, and I was growing it for when I get otos, plus I found a baby snail and dont want any more!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Installed deicer attachment to the pump for the goldfish in the sleet/snow mix.

Attachments

• 1417037684381.jpg
    1417037684381.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 90
Oh my goodness gracious!!!!!!! I thought that my Angelfish eggs were pretty much long gone. They must have found them. So I now have a handful of fry, still wigglers actually, I thought it was algae on the leaf, but the parents kept going over there and doing cleaning, I just figured they were getting ready to spawn again. They are incredibly tiny, I am freaking out just a little. I was just about to kick them out and get some SW sand for the tank.

My Saddleback Clownfish pair I think spawned in their cave, I posted a thread in SW about it. :facepalm: Ahhhhhhh....not really ready for this because work is a madhouse right now!!! Crazy fish. This is the stuff I used to just dream about and it is actually happening. Now if I can just get enough knowledge to do them justice! :blink: Too much!! lol I have got to get this figured out.

Here's me :eek::lol::eek::cool::eek::eek::dance::facepalm::huh::facepalm::whistle::oops::nono: :eek::popcorn:

After a little more reading, I am trying my hand at growing some kind of tiny little bugs...insoforia or Paramecium, also tomorrow will be checking if there is any water left in my old grow out bucket and any green water left or any little bugs in there. It has been so cold, I doubt it.

Last edited:
:eek: Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I saw a wiggler swimming tonight:dance::blink:

Well I am still trying to grow some bugs. I found one of the buckets in the yard with lots of leaves in it and some water. I need to get a new turkey baster because mine has a crack and won't keep suction.

Came home to find the wiggler angelfish tank with no air in it. The sponge filter wasn't working, fixed it then found it off again, then figured out that the back tray on the tank was pinching off the air causing it to lose enough power to work. I think that is fixed, did 15G pwc yesterday on the angelfish tank, almost out of Prime :/.

Today I am adding the nylon stocking over the HOB filter intake just in case there end up being new babies one of these mornings in the SW Clownfish tank. They are sensitive to light cycles, hopefully my weird schedule won't bother them. I hear they, one night get silver eyes and then start moving around the tank in a larval form.

Also will be getting the new 12G rimless tank for my SW reef garden, which may be a baby holder or a parents holder. Trying to get that figured out too!!!

Back
Top Bottom