What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi it's a 240(UK) litre currently running the jewel bio 3.0 and a fluval 105 on it! I have the outlet above the waterline to oxygenate the tank a bit more

Sent from my iPhone

Acclimating my first rainbowfish! I've kept so many different types of fish over the past 12 years, how did I miss rainbowfish?!? These little guys are gorgeous (y)

img_3152655_0_086c9d31698f5f102582ea3ec0b15016.jpg

Acclimating my first rainbowfish! I've kept so many different types of fish over the past 12 years, how did I miss rainbowfish?!? These little guys are gorgeous (y)

img_3152685_0_086c9d31698f5f102582ea3ec0b15016.jpg

Are those blue eye furcata forktail rainbowfish? Try saying that 3 times. I saw some for the first time yesterday at an LFS and wow, gorgeous!
If you don't mind, where did you order these from and how much were they each?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Are those blue eye furcata forktail rainbowfish? Try saying that 3 times. I saw some for the first time yesterday at an LFS and wow, gorgeous!
If you don't mind, where did you order these from and how much were they each?

Yes they are, I'm in love! Their colors contrast so nicely with my CPDs!

My first order was from Arizona Aquatic Gardens, a few DOA and the rest died the next day. I got these from a relatively new seller on eBay. With shipping from CA almost $9 per fish but they were packed well and did I say they're gorgeous?!? Great communication with the seller because I wanted more males than females.

Just ordered a 3x5 mat of java fern off of eBay. First time ordering anything living on the internet! I'm planning a pretty significant rescaping of my tank... never really been satisfied with it.

Now to find some staurogyne repens...
Just bought s. repens at Petsmart yesterday. It was about $10 but a decent amount. You can see it planted in my new 5 gal set up. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/98269-albums14273-picture68279.jpg There are some close-up shots, if you go to the album itself. Dwarf hairgrass purchased yesterday also.

Have fun!

Hi it's a 240(UK) litre currently running the jewel bio 3.0 and a fluval 105 on it! I have the outlet above the waterline to oxygenate the tank a bit more

Sent from my iPhone
Thanks, about 55 gallons, long, the difference is amazing as mine is 50g but high as in deep, I like yours better.......hope you put it back on when your plants are in and it's all set up..........

img_3152730_0_086c9d31698f5f102582ea3ec0b15016.jpg

Ohh indeed! Lovely! Congrats, mama! :flowers:
I never saw them before. Little fish are going to be a new thing for me, but I'm doing nano these days, so I'm very glad to learn about this rainbow fish. :thanks:

Yes they are, I'm in love! Their colors contrast so nicely with my CPDs!

My first order was from Arizona Aquatic Gardens, a few DOA and the rest died the next day. I got these from a relatively new seller on eBay. With shipping from CA almost $9 per fish but they were packed well and did I say they're gorgeous?!? Great communication with the seller because I wanted more males than females.

I saw a dozen of them when I was picking up some Ember Tetras at Centreville Pets in Centreville, VA. They are $11 each. I have coupons that will knock the price down to a little under $9. Maybe once the embers get out of QT I might entertain the thought of getting them.
9v5WWuZ.png

I saw a dozen of them when I was picking up some Ember Tetras at Centreville Pets in Centreville, VA. They are $11 each. I have coupons that will knock the price down to a little under $9. Maybe once the embers get out of QT I might entertain the thought of getting them.
9v5WWuZ.png

Definitely post pics if you end up getting them!

Added a new purple apple snail to the shrimp tank, removed loads of mts couldn't believe how many I had! Bought a shrimp dish so hopefully that might help a bit with the explosion of snail's I'm getting.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Boiled some DW for the big tank rescape...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423095180.114338.jpg

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423162318.769085.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423162383.438001.jpg
I recently attached some some java moss to my giant piece of driftwood. Aswell as some Anubias nana in the crevice of the back piece of driftwood. Also, I received a few plants from nakinata earlier this week! I decided to just use the dwarf sag, and bacopa. Tank is nearly 50% complete.

Going to do 80-90 percent water change when I got home since my cycle is almost finished :)

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick problems/loach and 5 tetras left.
~75g going to be African cichlids

Pwc on my shrimp tank, algae scrub and rinsed filter's. Removed more mts and red ramshorn.
Added 2 new nerites to my elephant nose tank.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Moved my heater to right by my filter in the, and added a finer pad to my skimmer.

Also figured out that i can't turn my filter down because when I do that my water always get particles floating. :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Got my 3"x5" mat of java fern today! First time ordering plants (or anything living) online. Great transaction on eBay...

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20150206_185420~01.jpg
    IMG_20150206_185420~01.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 200
Cleaned all my tanks and did some WC

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423275356.943753.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423275369.809414.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423275401.911802.jpg

Last pic is just little bubbles from cleaning the inside glass. Don't know why it didn't do it on my other tanks.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick problems/loach and 5 tetras left.
~75g going to be African cichlids

Back
Top Bottom