What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did a water change today and after a very short argument with the wifey about my ro/di system being in our bathroom I moved it to the basement.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well yesterday I successfully spent almost all of my $150 of birthday money, I got a big bucket of 48 pounds of instant ocean salt, it says that it makes up to 160 gallons of salt water, only for $40, then I bought some double bright LEDs for the 20 gallon, it's officially a high light tank! And I bought some cabomba to make it look like an underwater forest.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Did a 50 % clean on my elephant nose tank, looks like he's hurt himself again! I really don't know what he gets up to.
Shrimp tank looks a lot clearer today. Got up this morning to no casualties thank goodness . Going to check parameters make sure everything is okay. Can't wait to get my plant's it's looking bare, I'm also going to receive a Chinese water snail too add to my collection :)
Here's some pics 1427377018450.jpg1427377042662.jpg
1427377077664.jpg

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Did a 50 % clean on my elephant nose tank, looks like he's hurt himself again! I really don't know what he gets up to.
Shrimp tank looks a lot clearer today. Got up this morning to no casualties thank goodness . Going to check parameters make sure everything is okay. Can't wait to get my plant's it's looking bare, I'm also going to receive a Chinese water snail too add to my collection :)

Love that shrimp pic (y)

Had to top of the tank water today one thing I've never had to do with my others.
Thought I had a leak last night the back of the tank had water on it, on a closer look it's condensation coming off the lid worried as the stand was kinda wet this morning. Anyone have any tips to prevent this?

Wow, lots to catch up on here...

So mostly been feeding and doing occasional pwc.

Fed some frozen foods to all. The Porcelain Crab, SW, was SOOOOO excited to get a hold of a Mysis shrimp and was eating out of my tweezers. It's little claws were waving in the air like an island castaway with a plane flying by. I wished I would have had it on video, lol.

Had a basic catastrophe with the frags getting knocked over and lost behind the rocks, moved most of the rocks and had to move a bunch of stuff, then bumped one which went into a crevice, changed the rocks around and moved a few items again. It was too late at night and after a long day at work and I was exhausted. Getting new gel glue for the frags!

Then after all that found the filter for the 12G was stopped. I thought at first it was just broken then spent half hour moving plugged items and switching things around to make sure to add and keep a consistent air supply. There was a stopped up impeller, I believe a MTS got in there and finally grew big enough to stop it from spinning. Cleaned out. It is barely pulling the water through so will be needing another one of those. argh. I think it was 3 AM.

Last night decided it was too warm in the 15G 80F. One of my Ricordeas isn't very happy. So turned it down 2 degrees.

Tomorrow is the Colorado Aquarium Society's Spring Auction! Yay!

Woke up very happy to see all 3 new otos survived the night (yea msjinkzd!). Discovered some RCS shrimplets in the project tank, really surprised at how quickly that happened. I still have some scuds in a bowl on the kitchen counter...used my handy 100ml syringe to carefully pull out some water, replaced with tank water. Gave then a shaving of zucchini and it was covered within minutes! Been soaking a 1.5" piece of cholla all evening for one of the bowl projects. And pulled some vals from the 16g for the Endlers tank. Going to just stick with those, dwarf sag, and dwarf water lettuce...I like the simple look of it. That left room open in the 16g to regroup plants so it's not looking like a haphazard, randomly thrown together mess. Pi Betta Psycho was temporarily moved from his tank a couple days ago so I actually saw some red rili fry! Tomorrow I have an order of H. formosa arriving, looking forward to adventures with a fish I've never kept. And finally put some EC in the Spec 5! I think I'm going to order more Hygroryza aristata as a floater for the 16g.

I also posted some zucchini pics: http://queenofzoom.com/2015/03/27/zucchini/

Last edited:
Yesterday:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427638794.057135.jpg
Added the other piece of driftwood to the JD tank. It's a floater so rocks holding it down.

Got my co2 filled for the 75g replant what the dojo digs up. Like every day. Undecided what I want to do with him because I really like the Repens he loves digging up. But he is my favorite fish by far.

Algae still showing up, hoping it starts to go away.

Today:

Water changes/Top offs

Tommorow:

Starting dry ferts on 75g! Excited!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yesterday:

View attachment 268680
Added the other piece of driftwood to the JD tank. It's a floater so rocks holding it down.

Got my co2 filled for the 75g replant what the dojo digs up. Like every day. Undecided what I want to do with him because I really like the Repens he loves digging up. But he is my favorite fish by far.

Algae still showing up, hoping it starts to go away.

Today:

Water changes/Top offs

Tommorow:

Starting dry ferts on 75g! Excited!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

It's looking really good :)

After a lot of searching I finally found someone willing to sell a female gardneri. Hoping a second female in the tank might encourage some spawning.

My least killifish arrived...they are wow, crazy tiny fish. And I reminder that I really need to get glasses :hide:

img_3193683_0_4f74f9722ed995b6cdc76a19427cd67e.jpg

Did a bunch of work in the 5g including removal of the moss mats. In theory they're a great idea but in this setup they weren't getting enough light or water flow. I added some dwarf sag and small bits of moneywort so I think it looks more balanced now. There are only red rili in the tank now. I might use it to grow out Endler fry or gardneri if they'd get their act together :rolleyes: Or I could move the badis colony in there and use the Spec 5 for something else.

img_3193683_1_2edf0b5c80502416ecf663b4a3fcb61c.jpg

And the tigers are now my favorite shrimp :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom