What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I added an HOB on the 50 gallon and put in a 50/50 bulb on the 75 gallon.

I just stirred up the gravel half of my aquarium and did a 100% water change, wiped off the inside of the glass, re-tied the plants to the drift wood and cleaned the algae off my fluval chi lights with a pipe cleaner. I hate how they get algae on them. It makes the water look yellows green. I also had to to wipe some algae off of one of my Anubias. It came with algae on it. It's looking better. My nitrites seemed a little lower today (about 1.5 instead of 2.0) Hopefully the tank is almost done cycling.

Just finished reassembling my Dual 150w MH Current fixture for my 65gal saltwater tank. Tore the whole thing down, cleaned it, replaced the stock fans (one of which had gone bad), added a third fan to move air out the top of the fixture and reassembled. Up and running as we speak ;).

I sat watching the single fish in my 55g planted swim around and explore while waiting for the tank to cycle with some established filter media. Prolly gonna clean the filter media of my 20g planted after another half hour of watching my tank lol.

Caught 5 guppy fry and put them into a make-shift tank. Dosed salt in my new tank and my guppy tank. Finally bought the waterbed adapter thingy for my diy python, and I'll be doing water changes on all tanks tonight. Oh yeah, and I'm on my way out the door to get some moss and a sponge filter (or materials to MAKE a sponge filter) for the fry. Busy fishy day in Nashville. :fish2:

Pwc X 2, stuffed all my filters with floss, I'm really liking the effect it has on water clarity. Rearranged my 65 took everything out, crunched a bunch of snails(sorry snail lovers) added more plants and a tonne of new hiding spots. As always sat and watched all my tanks for most of the day/night.

Turned on all the lights and left the house, lol. I did get more pwc buckets though. I'm about to feed some bloodworms and maybe a shrimp.

in my 55 g i stalked and fantasized, in my 16 gal i did anohter treatment for my algea blood ( so murkey i cant see the mirror behind the tank)

Helped my bro re set up his 29 gal. Taught him about fish less cycle and he is impatient now.

Yesterday I moved some yellow labs back into the main tank. Fighting continues between 2 males. Sigh. Added some more anubias to the main tank. Moved the new ps. Saulosi into QT and then proceeded to spend hours searching for some new tanks.

Tonight is water change night. Also gonna clean some more rocks for the new saulosi to try and get them breeding, and gotta clean the filters. I wish I could say I was assembling my sump but I'm playing the waiting game for my mag-drive 1800gph and eshopps 1200 overflow to come in.

Freaked out (in a good way :) ) when I realized my Bolivian Rams had spawned while I was at work and are now diligently guarding their eggs...will try to get a pic, but they chose a rock that is mostly hidden from view by driftwood, so I can't get a good shot.

today i set up a fry/ mystery snail breeding tank!

i made a sponge filter

i watched some fry be born (NEVER gets old :D )

laughed at my current mystery snail when he tried to get on a shrimp

Today I set up my 2.5g tank. Added plants and I'm going to add DIY CO2 a bit later tonight:). Exciting stuff here!!!

Added 15 neons 2 Pygmy corys and 2 lace plants lol and now to sit back and watch them all settle in lol

Attachments

• image-2911798807.jpg
    image-2911798807.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 182
oh! and tommorrow im going to get some more plants for my 55g

next week i plan on setting up a friends tank that has been sitting empty for WAY to long ;)

well, here's a pic of what went down with my tank today :)

Attachments

• 101_1145.jpg
    101_1145.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 198
Did a water change in daphina tank all of my fish and frogs got a big treat. :popcorn: nom nom nom

Back
Top Bottom