What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you guys think that instead of having my 10 gallon a rapids tank I should save up and buy a 20 gallon long and turn that into a rapids tank?

Also, Yesterday morning I noticed my second betta dead. This was just before I left for school and I decided to leave it in the tank until I got back from school. When I got home I couldn't find him anywhere. I looked under all the rocks and decor. I now have a feeling that when I clean out the tank I will be sifting through the sand looking for pebbles and I will see one and reach out to grab it. The next thing I know I will be holding a rotting dead betta. So now I'm going to be extra careful when I clean out the tank.

Please do as much research as possible on the Hillstream Loaches. They would need a bigger tank than a 10G. Also the HL need a matured tank biofilm and aufwuchs or whatever the microscopic stuff is that they might eat to stay healthy.

The Reticulated ones are just amazing though ;)

Wow, So much has been going on around here - every one seems in overdrive!

I finally got a hold of my breeder contact for the Tangerine Tiger shrimp and will be getting them within the next week - just setting up the right time to work for the schedules!!! So excited for the new inhabitants. 20-30 of all ages and some females berried too! :dance::dance::dance: The breeder is moving & shutting down the tank and I will be getting ALL the remaining shrimp! And some nice plants :D

Decided to tie my Fissidens starts to a rock and some to a Driftwood chunk. It is my first ones and have had it for over a month and was not too sure what to do with it.

In the morning I think I will be moving the SW 15G to the awaiting 35G.

Planning on trying to get the tanks moved around. Like I think I have been kinda planning for a year! I want them all but it really looks more like a mad scientists workshop than a living room. Every tank has a different stand, and a different look.

When I see it, I see the tank, inhabitants and stand as one set, but if I look at the whole room from fresh eyes, I might just be a crazy fish (and shrimp & inverts) lady. Yikes it seems too disconnected. Not as beautiful as each individual tank really is. hummmm. :eek: :facepalm:

Well now isn't that thought ruining my evening... not the crazy fish lady part but that the room really doesn't look good this way and isn't doing the tanks any favors. Time for a little redesign. :rolleyes:

Please do as much research as possible on the Hillstream Loaches. They would need a bigger tank than a 10G. Also the HL need a matured tank biofilm and aufwuchs or whatever the microscopic stuff is that they might eat to stay healthy.

The Reticulated ones are just amazing though ;)

Wow, So much has been going on around here - every one seems in overdrive!

I finally got a hold of my breeder contact for the Tangerine Tiger shrimp and will be getting them within the next week - just setting up the right time to work for the schedules!!! So excited for the new inhabitants. 20-30 of all ages and some females berried too! :dance::dance::dance: The breeder is moving & shutting down the tank and I will be getting ALL the remaining shrimp! And some nice plants :D

Decided to tie my Fissidens starts to a rock and some to a Driftwood chunk. It is my first ones and have had it for over a month and was not too sure what to do with it.

In the morning I think I will be moving the SW 15G to the awaiting 35G.

Planning on trying to get the tanks moved around. Like I think I have been kinda planning for a year! I want them all but it really looks more like a mad scientists workshop than a living room. Every tank has a different stand, and a different look.

When I see it, I see the tank, inhabitants and stand as one set, but if I look at the whole room from fresh eyes, I might just be a crazy fish (and shrimp & inverts) lady. Yikes it seems too disconnected. Not as beautiful as each individual tank really is. hummmm. :eek: :facepalm:

Well now isn't that thought ruining my evening... not the crazy fish lady part but that the room really doesn't look good this way and isn't doing the tanks any favors. Time for a little redesign. :rolleyes:

Yay for shrimp! When you get them don't forget pic's ?
I'm off to clean Gonzo

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Beautiful tank's as usual Caleb ?

Thanks Shelly wish I could say the same lol. I'm never satisfied with this tank :p always moving something or trying to fix something.

P.S. My Amazon sword has exploded. I clipped a few of the larger leaves off that were not lookin very hot and I got like 15 mini leaves now :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Thanks Shelly wish I could say the same lol. I'm never satisfied with this tank :p always moving something or trying to fix something.

P.S. My Amazon sword has exploded. I clipped a few of the larger leaves off that were not lookin very hot and I got like 15 mini leaves now :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I know the feeling! I'm in the middle of cleaning my big tank and I'm never happy with it ?
At least your swords are doing well, mine just die on me Lol
Lesley

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and algae scrub, the lotus is looking really good and it's filling out well ?
Received Fluitans for my shrimp tank yesterday really liked them ? got up this morning to none!

Dang Shelly where you live? I'm in TN and it's not even 8am yet and you're already done with tanks for the day?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Dang Shelly where you live? I'm in TN and it's not even 8am yet and you're already done with tanks for the day?

I'm in Scotland, it's just coming up to 1pm here time for a coffee I think! ?
But I'm sure I'll need to put my hands back into the tank again today Lol

Ah! That makes sense. I just got my kids off to school and daycare, about time for some coffee here too.

Just to keep on subject, here my (ugly) project I've been working on for my 65 hex.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430309999.447595.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430347857.802581.jpg

Got my new filter finally. The UPS man usually shows up around 2, today he was late and got here around 6:30. I was stressing out since my other filter has been broken.

Doing a 50% water change, yanked the broken filter and put all the biomedia from it into the new filter. Now waiting on plugging this one up and hoping it works.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Well here is version 1 of my project for the 65 hex. Built from plexiglass, PVC and aquarium safe silicone. The tank is 31" deep, 24" flat panel to panel and 28" from corner to corner. The ledge has 15" tall legs. Added substrate to it and some very temporary decor to see if anyone is interested in going up there. Plan to leave it in for the rest of the day and tomorrow to see how it goes. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430349973.011956.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430350008.494355.jpg

Well here is version 1 of my project for the 65 hex. Built from plexiglass, PVC and aquarium safe silicone. The tank is 31" deep, 24" flat panel to panel and 28" from corner to corner. The ledge has 15" tall legs. Added substrate to it and some very temporary decor to see if anyone is interested in going up there. Plan to leave it in for the rest of the day and tomorrow to see how it goes. View attachment 271307View attachment 271308

That looks amazing!! :D this inspired me to spruce up my tank!

Sent from my C6725 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Whew!

The 15G SW column tank has been switched over to the ever so spacious 35G Jebo new R375 tank with pwc if you can call it that, removed a bunch of murky water from the bottom of the buckets.

Very cloudy, added some filter floss, a new filter pad, and some API pad of stuff for clear water "biochem zorb with superior resins and carbon" seems to be helping already not quite an hour yet. Pics later.

Cleaned and rinsed out the 15G and set it in the corner.

Picked up a new CFL compact long plant light for my Architect lamp for supplemental light since i still don't have the replacement for the Edge built in fixture.

A test bulb for my refugium fixture as I can't say if the reason it doesn't work is the bulb or fixture.

Adding a pouch of Phosguard to the 12G in hopes of assisting the algae reduction in addition to lighting reduction and feeding less.

The Fire Shrimp in there is hilarious and always acts like he's starving. I dropped a ball of food in the tank near him and he sprang up off the rocks and grabbed it before it even got close to him and he looked like a basketball player going for a slam dunk mid tank.

Moved my Mts snails (to a new sheer bucket for better light) and the substrate out doors in a bucket - freshened the water and rinsed the bottom scum out, trimmed about 3 feet of Elodea out of the 6.6G Edge tank and added it to the bucket. Didn't look like I took anything out of the Edge tank. lol. There is at least another 3-5 feet of it in there. Usually I kill the stuff when I plant it. But when I completely ignore it it grows like crazy! And in perfect looking condition, looks like a plastic plant it looks so nice. :rolleyes:

Other than the pic when the tank finally clears up more, will be busy and probably no more updates for a couple days. Except if I call tomorrow and find out the lfs got in my Rock Flower anemones :brows:

Removed just a little bit of gravel from the Discus Project Tank. Day by day I'm removing it and then when it's gone I'll replace it with sand.

Today I did a partial water change in my small tanks and topped off my large tank with some fresh water.

I Added 3ottos to my original 2 they are already moving around together as a group it's cool.

Also I put some terracotta pots into my betta tank because I'm suspecting there is too much current in there now. Have to think of something to help lower the current!

Lucky I put new fish in a quarantine tank because
One of my silver mollies
I just bought has Popeye in one eye.

So I moved it into my small tank (that I removed the bamboo from) by itself with Abit of salt

Tomorrow I'm giving my plecos and all the guppy fry back to the pet store :/ I like them a lot and wanted to keep them to see what colours they turn but my tank is overstocked so I have to.

My tanks
2gallon with snails
and a sick silver Molly

5gallon with
5 ottos
3platy 2 females one male
7guppy fry

5 gallon
5dwarf frogs
1betta
2 guppy fry

26 gallon