What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been a busy tank day. I moved some juvies and pairs of Angels around, cut and weighted some cabomba and listed a few things. Looking forward to getting some type of PB angels here soon, going to use profits from sales to finance them. Wife would have a cow if I paid for more fish out of our checking account, lol

Brought home this baby monster. The LFS owner has more or less rubbed it in my face that it was waiting to go home with me, and for the first time I couldn't tell her no. Pseudoplatystoma Tigrinum, aka Tiger Sorubim or Tiger Shovelnose. Checking in at what we will call 3 ⅓"

Attachments

• 1430508362454.jpg
    1430508362454.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 1430508394828.jpg
    1430508394828.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 79
Brought home this baby monster. The LFS owner has more or less rubbed it in my face that it was waiting to go home with me, and for the first time I couldn't tell her no. Pseudoplatystoma Tigrinum, aka Tiger Sorubim or Tiger Shovelnose. Checking in at what we will call 3 ⅓"

Wow, what size tank is it gonna go into?

It probably won't. LFS owner said it kept getting the crap beat out of it in any tank she tried. It was with feeder guppies and ghost shrimp when I got there today. I'll grow it out to 8-10" in my 55 and trade it back in unless we find a house before then and I get me a big tank. They have a 300g setup at the store that they keep a few monster size fish in (personal collection) and said they would gladly buy it back and add it when I couldn't accommodate the size any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Moved the project tank to the back room with my two 10s. I just wasn't happy with how much algae it was getting. Kind of miss having it on my desk.

Wc in the 16g. I think it's finally starting to look like a real planted tank now:

img_3216249_0_55f1b7f7a39093ad31b1ae4e544c62c6.jpg

Also did a wc in the spare plant tank:

img_3216249_1_e54cff1de446a32ba176c267afea7fef.jpg

Got some new red rili, small but very nice color and settling in nicely.

Sold yet another bag of dwarf water lettuce....

The Evolve was originally supposed to be for the spouse's work office but since it never left the house I'm browsing Amazon for tank kit, 5g or under. This one will be for a betta and is definitely his :whistle:

Noticed my tank is smelly .. So Doing a 50percent water change... How often do you guys replace your substrate!? I have fluorite red mixed with regular gravel maybe I'll put sand. . I hate the smell ! I change my water all the time i don't get it it's so annoying

Noticed my tank is smelly .. So Doing a 50percent water change... How often do you guys replace your substrate!? I have fluorite red mixed with regular gravel maybe I'll put sand. . I hate the smell ! I change my water all the time i don't get it it's so annoying

There is reasons that I can't seem to think of why tanks smell... But I'm biased to sand I love it way more than gravel

Caleb

Smelly tanks are usually a result of something decomposing in there. Dead fish, dead plant matter, etc.

Be sure to check around the rim or on the hood of the tank as well. Pellets and flake food will often get stuck there and decompose.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ordered a plant package for my betta tank and 7 ember tetra! Will get them when I get back from my trip! :D I'll post pictures around the website when I add them!

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

Moved the project tank to the back room with my two 10s. I just wasn't happy with how much algae it was getting. Kind of miss having it on my desk.

Wc in the 16g. I think it's finally starting to look like a real planted tank now:

img_3216381_0_55f1b7f7a39093ad31b1ae4e544c62c6.jpg

Also did a wc in the spare plant tank:

img_3216381_1_e54cff1de446a32ba176c267afea7fef.jpg

Got some new red rili, small but very nice color and settling in nicely.

Sold yet another bag of dwarf water lettuce....

The Evolve was originally supposed to be for the spouse's work office but since it never left the house I'm browsing Amazon for tank kit, 5g or under. This one will be for a betta and is definitely his :whistle:

Beautiful tank.

Sinibotia, how are the dwarf puffers? I am tempted to get some pea puffers for my 10 gallon instead of turning it into a rapids tank. Any advice is appreciated.

I gave away all my baby guppies last night (27 of them)! Today I did a 40 percent water change on all tanks except my frog and Betta tank ( they are clean creatures! tried to vacuum the back but pulled up my plants yet again. So i did some renovations,..re arranged the decor. Will post a picture tomorrow. I'm thinking of getting rid of all my viny plants and replacing with a few single stem plant so it easier to vacuum around. And less easy to pull out of the substrate :) crummy thing happened my driftwood broke when I lifted it to clean under

26 gallon with
2 marble hatchets
3 black platys with orange faces
3silver mollies
1 guppy
3 plecos

5gallon
With 5 Ottos
and 3 orange platys

5 gallon with
Five African dwarf frogs
And a male Betta

The frogs and Betta are getting upgraded to a 19 gallon cube tank :) with a glass lid next week yayy I get to plant a new one from scratch :)

It's going to be white sand
White rocks
And a few plants

... Anyone have any plants to recommend that
the
dwarf frogs
and Betta would like?
:)

Beautiful tank.

Oh cool thanks , I always wondered what my red plants r called ! I thing they are the same ? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430541606.697380.jpg I like your floating plants. It reminds me of my tank. sometimes my green viny plants in the back get uprooted.
Do you think its bad to leave them like that for a few days to a week? I don't want to stick my arm in there more than needed ( weekly water change /vacuum)

There is reasons that I can't seem to think of why tanks smell... But I'm biased to sand I love it way more than gravel
I'm starting. To feel that way as well ! I recently put sand in my frog tank and I love it. Soon I'm upgrading my 5 dwarf frogs and beta from a 5 g to a 19 g cube 16 inches with a glass top I can't wait! Im buying it from kijiji 80$ nothing included though. But u like the look of the glass lid it has hinges. I'm going to do it all white sand. . And prob one day I'm going to do my big tank in all black fluorite sand. And more rocks ,different plants. Lol love this new hobby of mine

Caleb

Be sure to check around the rim or on the hood of the tank as well. Pellets and flake food will often get stuck there and decompose.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks ! I cleaned under the hood and under my light etc took out a lot of dirt hopefully it will be better soon if not I will replace my carbon but I don't really think it's time yet it's been 2,3 weeks.

Oh cool thanks , I always wondered what my red plants r called ! I thing they are the same ? View attachment 271455 I like your floating plants. It reminds me of my tank. sometimes my green viny plants in the back get uprooted.
Do you think its bad to leave them like that for a few days to a week? I don't want to stick my arm in there more than needed ( weekly water change /vacuum)

Your fish will get used to your arm. My fish in my planted tank have grown to not even care anymore because it's in there almost every day.

Caleb

Just picked up some stuff from a guy who is quitting salt water. I got a eshopps psk150 protein skimmer, 30 pounds of live rock a huge cabbage coral, 2 toadstools, Devils hand, a couple various mushroom rocks, 1 elephant ear and a serpent star for 100 bucks

Back
Top Bottom