What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
found what looks like an underwater rabbit invasion

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Indeed it does. I have pond snails that are generally great for algae, but who love to eat the tips of my S. repens leaves.

Today I did my big weekly water change and cleaned my filter hoses (yuk).

Indeed it does. I have pond snails that are generally great for algae, but who love to eat the tips of my S. repens leaves.

Today I did my big weekly water change and cleaned my filter hoses (yuk).

That would make sense, but I haven't seen a pond snail in this tank for weeks. Lots of MTS but no ponds, the single assassin snail keeps them in check.
I sent you a pm too

That would make sense, but I haven't seen a pond snail in this tank for weeks. Lots of MTS but no ponds, the single assassin snail keeps them in check.
I sent you a pm too

Not sure who the culprit is...I have both MTS and pond snails plus Amanos and an oto. S repens leaves intact.
Did not do anything except feed and add ferts. Yesterday I did a trim and replant and actually spent more than 5 minutes with the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not sure who the culprit is...I have both MTS and pond snails plus Amanos and an oto. S repens leaves intact.
Did not do anything except feed and add ferts. Yesterday I did a trim and replant and actually spent more than 5 minutes with the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wonder if my fish got hungry, they went 3 days this week without food because of my schedule.

Today I moved 3 adult assassin snails in my 10 gal with hopes they will breed and lay more eggs :)

Finally bit the bullet and made the time to clean out the mega monster FX-5 This time it went smoothly. But it has been a long while so it was a muck bucket.

Got things rinsed out off course with treated water, and remembered the correct steps for putting it back together, filling and full but not overcrowding the media baskets.

Didn't clean out the impeller but it is running, and I did that last time. So it pretty much looks like I doubled my flow in the tank. The Emperor Tetras are having a great time swimming in the outflow. It was funny to watch.

The #1 pair of Angelfish are spawning today...

Reviewed the returning tanks situation, with DD, and the fish which will be returning to my tanks. And which tank, which fish. From her the 46G bowfront and the 6.6G Edge I got her for her Bday.

Stock coming to my house - my Spotted Rafael Catfish returning to my 72G.
White crayfish, Ducky, which was in my tank once upon a time as was a little Red Cap Angelfish.

New to me -An upside down Catfish. There are a few Glass Cats.

Sadly Chubbo a big beautiful Southern Purple Spotted Gudgeon female passed away this past week. She was about 4 years with us. That fish was also the reason DD got a 46G tank for her to live in, Chubbo was her favorite fish.

There is a 6.6 Edge tank. So I am kinda excited about doing a trio of Edge tanks - 6.6G, then 12G in the center, flanked with the other 6.6G on a long cabinet. Should be really pretty and artistic looking.

Just trying to decide what goes in each tank. Wanted to SW in the 12G but there are almost no fish (for such small space), just my Urchin and little Yellow Clown Goby since the tank is a nightmare to clean, not sure that makes good sense.

Still considering rehoming the Saddleback Clown pair and shutting down the larger SW and keeping a nano only.

To be honest, downsizing sucks, especially with so many awesome tanks at my finger tips. I was also supposed to pic up the new to me 11.7G Mr. Aqua tank this week and DD was supposed to bring me 2 Fluval Chi tanks from her friend (new in box - uncle was going to give the kids 2 tanks for 2 Bettas but the parents said no way).

So one thing won't be hard to decide what to do, have a big bunch of tanks sale!!! lol This is up grading all my other stuff as well but still a few too many! Ugh - At least this is a good situation to have. Finally a fun problem to solve!

Upside down cats do best when kept in groups of three or more. Your a great fish keeper in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Upside down cats do best when kept in groups of three or more. Your a great fish keeper in my opinion.

Yes, thank you for the reminder. As for the Cats, and the lfs was out for 3 months in the winter (she was adopted from a person full size). My DD couldn't find Mer (her name) and thought she had perished so never pursued any more. There are lots of plants in her tank including floating ones and she went unnoticed for about 3-4 months. They must have good camouflage. But last week when she moved things around, there she was. A happy surprise.

I have never kept them (yet) but did look it up when she got her to make sure she would be compatible. They are very interesting.

Angels are still messing with laying eggs on 2 leaves. Seems like a decent amount of eggs though.

After cleaning out the filter, I can see I need to do a tank trim, clean, and substrate cleaning too. I had a problem develop with micro bubbles in the FX-5 flow and now after the clean out they are gone :D I also added some ammo carb I had in the fish closet to clean up the water a little, still a little tannins. There is a lot of DW. It looks nice and clear though.

After looking at the tank for a bit longer, now I am wondering if it is my color selection on the Sat + light. Giving off a little too much yellow too. I don't enjoy fiddling with the electronics, lol.

With this much flow I am again thinking Reticulated Hillstream Loaches.

Edit: Found that my Mystery snail babies are hatching - so far I see about a dozen! They have blue parents. Almost 1 am. Earlier I thought I saw one baby, and found a bigger cluster of eggs around the rim. It has been so long since i had babies!!!

Last edited:
Been noticing some ill behavior in my African tank and mystery deaths I wrote off as aggression (all small fish that died), but no clear cut signs of illness. We are temporarily living with my parents while we are closing on our home so living out of boxes basically. Went digging for my fish box to test water quality (I always do 40-50% weekly never miss). Once I found the kit and tested, nitrates were close to 80ppm and I can't figure out why. Tested the tap since its a different source than what I had at my apartment, its clean. Big water change immediately after, planning another big one day and probably have to do a third tomorrow as well.

Jesse

Got a message from a friend earlier with a lead on another tank setup. Drove 20 minutes from the house and came home with a 75 gallon tank, stand, Fluval 405, quad t5 fixture with controller, 5 powerheads, two heaters, a set of glass tops, and a python water changer for the low low of $75

Jesse

Got a message from a friend earlier with a lead on another tank setup. Drove 20 minutes from the house and came home with a 75 gallon tank, stand, Fluval 405, quad t5 fixture with controller, 5 powerheads, two heaters, a set of glass tops, and a python water changer for the low low of $75

Jesse

Thats a steal!!!!!!!

Moved some rock around in my 75
And moved/removed somethings in my 29
Tomorrow is wc day for the 29, and might add some new plants.

I bought a krib cichlid, a red temple plant, a veiltail female betta, and an amazing male double tail I named Cosmos.

Attachments

• 1437266322284.jpg
    1437266322284.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 1437266340723.jpg
    1437266340723.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 1437266357801.jpg
    1437266357801.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 79
Noticed I'm missing a goldfish outside. Presumably to a cat that took advantage of a table that was closer to the tub than usual. Moved table, hopefully no more snacks.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Scraped a patch of GSA I missed yesterday while doing the PWC. Why is it that you only see the spot you missed after the tank is all put together, you are sitting across the room, and the light hits it just right?

Last edited:
Scraped a patch of GSA I missed yesterday while doing the PWC. Why is it that you only see the spot you missed after the tank is all put together, you are sitting across the room, and the light hits it just right?

Lol yea I know the feeling, and if you don't scrape it off in a week its 2 times bigger.

I looked at all my tanks today! Twice!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Added some more LR and picked up a royal gramma and sixline wrasse for my 75 fowlr.

10 gal pwc on my 29 and gave the ludwigia a hydrogen peroxide bath.
Lfs finally had kuhli loaches (been looking for these guys since March!) so three of them came home and are going to sit in QT for a few weeks.

Added some more LR and picked up a royal gramma and sixline wrasse for my 75 fowlr.

10 gal pwc on my 29 and gave the ludwigia a hydrogen peroxide bath.
Lfs finally had kuhli loaches (been looking for these guys since March!) so three of them came home and are going to sit in QT for a few weeks.

Beautiful fish!

After doing an approximate count of baby Mystery snails, about 100 I think, they are crusing the glass and all over the place. I think that is one of my favorite times is seeing the exodus from the clutch - so amazing. The tiny pale blue babies were everywhere, I did see a couple which seemed more yellow and one seemed a little pink (y) Love to see if there are any differing colors! (both parents are blue)

They are in the shrimp tank and there are RH snails and a number of pond snails I need to move over for the assassin snail, who really seems to eat quite a lot of snails to my surprise, for one little snail. I have an increasing snail (mostly mts) population in the 6.6G Edge so maybe I should plop him into that tank for awhile. Did a fill for evap yesterday in FW and tonight one in SW. This week is a super busy one, very little tank time.

Beautiful fish!

Thanks!

Spent more money at petsmart than I thought I would...AC 50 for my 20L, 50 watt heater for the 10, fluval 106 size sponges, and replacement cartridges for my topfin 30. Happy the AC was 40% off so that saved me some money.
Did a head count on the new kuhlies and am missing one, but the tank has a lot of hiding spots so I'm hopeful the 3rd one is alive.
Fed my sw tank and everyone enjoyed the mysis shrimp.

Did a 50% PWC on the 45, and tomorrow, scrub the 10 from the algae bloom that my brother caused by not dosing ferts....

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom