What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The big brown truck dropped off my Finnex Planted+ 24/7 a couple of hours ago. So since I have an acrylic tank I spent an hour trying to get the inner part of the leg off. After some gentle persuasion involving tape to protect the plastic and a hammer, mission accomplished. It's up and running. I like it so far, but it's a big change from my Current Satellite LED Plus. I especially like that it lights the full 30 in length of my tank. No more dark ends. Pictures forthcoming after I figure out how and where to hide the wires.

50% water change on the 55, 65, and 29 gallon tanks, and 90% on the turtle tank. All 4 tanks done in just over one hour with python. This is great, beats the snot out of carrying buckets.

Jesse

The FBT have finally made themselves at home and enjoying their tank.

http://imgur.com/gallery/MyY539i

Also did a 50% PWC on the 10g planted.

Learned a valuable lesson about if you play with lighting you will reap the results and scrubbed cyano off everything in my SW nano.

Discus are still doing nicely in QT with 50% water changes every 2 days. Playing the waiting game with the display hoping the columnaris will die off.

I'm going to move my 40B upstairs tomorrow(technically today) morning to my new room.

I'm also probably getting a new fish tomorrow :)

Caleb

Purchased a mix of feeder live bearers with what appears to be endlers and maybe least killies.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got to experience my 10g planted pearling on my Hygro Pinnatifida which was awesome.

Also got a blood parrot (preparing myself to be slaughtered by Mike :D ) and its pretty cool. Convict is being a huge but to it yet the JD couple care less.

Also *drum roll* I got a white tipped bubble anemone that's absolutely gorgeous :)

Pretty good day I must say.

Caleb

I got to experience my 10g planted pearling on my Hygro Pinnatifida which was awesome.

Also got a blood parrot (preparing myself to be slaughtered by Mike :D ) and its pretty cool. Convict is being a huge but to it yet the JD couple care less.

Also *drum roll* I got a white tipped bubble anemone that's absolutely gorgeous :)

Pretty good day I must say.

Caleb

How many tanks do you have?! Seems like its 7+ and all sizes!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Purchased a mix of feeder live bearers with what appears to be endlers and maybe least killies.

They also appear to have ich, so an adjustable heater for the ten gallon is in order.

Not too much, been very busy.

Added water to my SW 35G - had to get distilled because we drove 40 min to the lfs, and they were closed. Due to an appointment /errand someone with me had, I couldn't run off to a different one. Not open on Wednesday :/ Ugh. Carpooling doesn't always work out.

Probably going to the other one tomorrow, but the filter splash noise was getting soooooo loud I thought my ears were gonna bleed!

Tomorrow I will be probably bring home some fish from DD house as she is moving and downsizing fish tanks. Probably bringing home the other 6.6 Edge tank. She lives near a lfs with real SW and RO/DI water. A couple of lfs I work closer to don't actually use RO/DI water for their SW. So don't want that. Don't have any real local fish stores. whine whine whine...

Time to figure out how to hook up my RO/DI unit and figure out where it is in the storage. It has to go in a utility closet so not sure how to squeeze things and set up so there is room for the other stuff. But that might make my daily SW life easier in the long run. After the next run of projects - hopefully.

Tanks quandary

Well here is a thread with some of my issues...
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f44/fw-sw-and-too-many-tanks-quandary-338890.html#post3253907

I spent a long time evaluating what to pack and how to load and pack it for the 45 minute journey with the two tanks - 6.6G Edge, no problem easy peasy, and then the 46G euro bowfront with all the excess fish stuff one tends to collect, the filter and two lights, etc. Had to send 3 fish to be rehomed due to incompatibility with my tank.

So when I got the tank and all the stuff packed into the vehicle, my DD said what about the stand? OOPS So we got that up onto the roof rack and strapped down with extra long dog leashes lol.

The huge Rafael Spotted Cat went back to the tank he was in previously, my 72G.

The Upside Down Cat Fish 4 inches long, might have a compatibility issue if it wants to eat my Cardinals, though it lived with a few tetras, ...in my tank goes
a Neon and
3 Glowlight Tetras and a
Cory fish which was supposed to have been a Salt and Pepper and looks similar except 2x as big.
Opaline Gourami

The Gold or Red Cap Angel is returning home. Unsure if male or female, likely a female - was the youngest and left over of the 5 I had - other 4 paired.

The Opaline is a pretty fish and I used to have one which was around 8 years old and passed away. Possible issue would be the other Flame Gourami and my older Pearl. My Pearl and previous Opaline got along fine; each just gave the other space and everything was lovely.

My Silver Stripe female Angel is really causing trouble in the tank. I am probably going to see if I can take her out.

I have a different young female which I found in March in a bag of plants as a dime ized baby I purchased at the Aquarium Society Fish Auction. She has been growing out in a different tank. I am considering adding them together and seeing who is who, in the 35G SW (might turn into a FW instead for a little while till they get sorted out)

Then there would be 2 misc Angelfish unknown sex and 1 crazy maniac Female Angel. Thinking to put a divider in the tank.

Then there is a White Crayfish which could go into the Angel tank. He has lived in my 72G tank for 1.5 years and my DD for almost a year and doesn't seem to bother the other tank mates. Though I have Cories now I didn't before, she had the one Cory which someone gave to her to adopt and she was fine - fast moving and healthy.

Well my big decision is SW for the new tank I think, then FW for the old SW tank if that is the route I take or ???

The whole thing wouldn't be as much an issue if 2 of the pretty Angels I have were males instead of females. The big silver Angel female has made wounds on 2 fish in the big tank and she need to come out of there asap.

So now what, lol

Plan on moving the Tangerine Tiger and Blue Velvet Shrimp into the 6.6G Edge to make room for the 46G, then using the 15G they were in for the Red cap Angel for a couple days with the crayfish. Tonight they get to stay in the buckets with air bubblers (Cray has his own).

Put the 3 Glass Cats in my 12G (looking into getting 2-3 more) Then with them to a larger tank. (can't put them in the 72G with the crazy Silver Stripe Angel on the attack) Very interesting fish. Today in the sunlight in the tank they were like a prism rainbow, iridescent, with all the rainbow colors in their skirt area. It was stunning. But they are going into a lowish light tank with a ton of plants. Not too likely to see that light show again.

All fish and the cray were acclimated over an hour with the new and old water.

Feel free to check out my other thread and add in any ideas you might have. (y)

Probably tomorrow will be switch over the SW to the 46G, ugh I am tired.

Previously ordered Clove oil to Euthanize a Marble Koi Angelfish. He isn't better and it has been a couple months. So sad. If it came in, then will do that too tomorrow. :hide:

Last edited:
Saw this Columbian beauty at my lfs. If I had a 75 instead of a 55 it'd be in quarantine right now. DT is stocked up and the ten gallon is filed with ich infested live bearers...

Attachments

• 1437754284169.jpg
    1437754284169.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 76
bamboo love it

I just added bamboo in my 40 gallon tank in my office it looks so nice and seems the fish and snails love it

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous Pleco!

Yesterday I did pwc on the Betta, and 12G Edge and 6.6G Edge original tank, evap refill on SW 35 and 5G and FW 72G, set up the new 6.6G Edge for the white Crayfish probably just temporary until I finish moving tank inhabitants he can go back into the 72G where he used to live.

Checked and added water to the two holding buckets of Angelfish and a Opaline Gourami. Until I can be home to watch their interaction for the Gourami with my other Gourami. Not expecting any issues as they were with a previous Opaline and everyone got along.

Found out that the Angelfish pair #1 made babies. I thought their eggs were gone but she was acting like an angry elephant so I looked around and found wigglers on a top of a different leaf definitely not in the usual spot. So after work I will save them if they are still there.

Tonight I guess need to do the SW pwc but maybe wait till morning if I am setting up the other tank for the wigglers.

So it looks like I will need to set up one more temporary tank for the babies. I have a 6.6G will do bare bottom for them.

turned on all the lights looked in fresh water tank wow it's empty ,got that empty feeling as they were re homed Friday, time for a new beginning for this tank my saltwater predators will take over,
turned on light over the sump looked in saw something wiggling thought may be a worm , looked closer it was my barber shop goby just sitting there on top of my algae scrubber , he was glad to see me he just looked up at me so I put him back in his home

turned on all the lights looked in fresh water tank wow it's empty ,got that empty feeling as they were re homed Friday, time for a new beginning for this tank my saltwater predators will take over,
turned on light over the sump looked in saw something wiggling thought may be a worm , looked closer it was my barber shop goby just sitting there on top of my algae scrubber , he was glad to see me he just looked up at me so I put him back in his home

Nice to hear you found him, and he wasn't a snack.

For my 75 fowlr I did a 20% pwc, added 13 more pounds of live tonga rock, got a 4ish inch flame angel, and 2 little tiny baby pacific blue tangs.

With my 29 planted I did a 50%pwc, moved the bacopa caroliniana, added what I believe is ludwigia repens, scraped the back glass of all algae, and moved the driftwood.

Yesterday put a black background on both of my tanks and trimmed off some dying leaves in the puffer tank. Filled up some evap. water in both tanks. Did a water change in my blackworm culture and got some big ramshorn snails for my bigger tank.

Back
Top Bottom