What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I looked at my tank and contemplated doing the water change that I got water for 5 days ago.
The whole family has been laid out with a nasty cold for over a week and I just ain't got the extra oomph right now to tackle it.....maybe tomorrow....:(

I looked at my tank and contemplated doing the water change that I got water for 5 days ago.
The whole family has been laid out with a nasty cold for over a week and I just ain't got the extra oomph right now to tackle it.....maybe tomorrow....:(

I hope you feel better, good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

70% water change. First time doing such a big change on the 75 gallon, not nearly as hard as i thought...But wow, my oscar was not a big fan. He much prefers the 25%

70% water change. First time doing such a big change on the 75 gallon, not nearly as hard as i thought...But wow, my oscar was not a big fan. He much prefers the 25%

Awe poor fishie. Yeah my endler goes and hides after a 50%. He is like, "woman I hate you!" Then a day later he is staring at himself in the glass.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fed em pieces of freeze dried brine shrimp they pass them around like soccer ball. They being a gourami, buenos ares tetras, head and tail light tetras and a blue ram. Changed one of the filter pads, added some bacteria. Stared at the fish for a while. Pretty much a slow day.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My dwarf crayfish died. I'm also considered purchasing an assassin snail since I seem to have a snail problem in my 55g

My dwarf crayfish died. I'm also considered purchasing an assassin snail since I seem to have a snail problem in my 55g

Sorry to hear that. They are sensitive little guys, couldn't ever get them past 6 months. IMO messed up genetics are to blame.

Sorry to hear that. They are sensitive little guys, couldn't ever get them past 6 months. IMO messed up genetics are to blame.

Oh...well I didn't know that. Guess I won't be purchasing one again

Started training my african butterfly fish to come when I wiggle my finger underwater. By the end of an 8 min session (his first session) he was biting my fingers if I barely touched the water, next step is to get him to come over every time.

Changed the substrate and rescaped the 10g tank, will put the fish back in tomorrow.
Here's a before and after.
ca66f56208bda7547a3115ab84e7be02.jpg

d148c1d2b52606e390cbfc6a0f8dab4e.jpg

Emptied two buckets of plants
one jug of snails

Removed a heater from the SW tank since it was warm. It is cleared but just a little cloudy now, better than yesterday.

Could only see 4 of 6 Dwarf Cories for the last two days. Maybe dead maybe hiding. I watched for a couple times for 15 min. at a time after feeding and the tank was all a scurry but could only see 4.

Moved a small handfull of red root floaters to the plant farm with no filter/agitation. Most all melted and a few are coming back around.

There is a little bit of new growth in most of the plants in the 72G that I recently added. I have been trying split photo period when I have time to make sure I get as much light and as little algae as possible. Hoping...

Got a couple more things together for going to the aquarium meeting.

Almost done straightening and cleaning up the fish tank accessory collection. Still a bit of a mess from rearranging the tanks and cleaning out the closet. Still have 3 drawers to finish. They were done about a year ago and not as messy as the closet.

Emptying the 15G column tank tomorrow. There are a bunch of melted plants only a few pieces of Guppy Grass and I already grabbed most of the floaters. There are about 10 left stuck to a Java fern and sponge. No substrate just a rock and DW and sponge. Moving the filter to another tank to keep the BB going. Probably clean it out too after the melt down.

The little Cory with a spot on it's back in QT doesn't really look much better yet.

Last edited:
Emptied two buckets of plants
one jug of snails

Removed a heater from the SW tank since it was warm. It is cleared but just a little cloudy now, better than yesterday.

Could only see 4 of 6 Dwarf Cories for the last two days. Maybe dead maybe hiding. I watched for a couple times for 15 min. at a time after feeding and the tank was all a scurry but could only see 4.

Moved a small handfull of red root floaters to the plant farm with no filter/agitation. Most all melted and a few are coming back around.

There is a little bit of new growth in most of the plants in the 72G that I recently added. I have been trying split photo period when I have time to make sure I get as much light and as little algae as possible. Hoping...

Got a couple more things together for going to the aquarium meeting.

Almost done straightening and cleaning up the fish tank accessory collection. Still a bit of a mess from rearranging the tanks and cleaning out the closet. Still have 3 drawers to finish. They were done about a year ago and not as messy as the closet.

Emptying the 15G column tank tomorrow. There are a bunch of melted plants only a few pieces of Guppy Grass and I already grabbed most of the floaters. There are about 10 left stuck to a Java fern and sponge. No substrate just a rock and DW and sponge. Moving the filter to another tank to keep the BB going. Probably clean it out too after the melt down.

The little Cory with a spot on it's back in QT doesn't really look much better yet.

The split photo period has helped on my smaller tank, pretty much no algae, larger tank it has slowed but not gone away.

After dealing with a nightmare from UPS in which they shipped my package of plants to the wrong townhouse in the middle of winter where it sat outside for an hour and a half :banghead:

I got the plants inside, warmed up, and in my tank. I have to say... holy crap I bought too much. A huge (y) for AquariumPlants.com Quality plants with good quantities.

Went from this:
PKa1CU9.jpg

To this:
SyCQ0mr.jpg

After dealing with a nightmare from UPS in which they shipped my package of plants to the wrong townhouse in the middle of winter where it sat outside for an hour and a half :banghead:

I got the plants inside, warmed up, and in my tank. I have to say... holy crap I bought too much.

I had the same with my 20L lol ordered a bunch of crypts and when I took them apart I had a full tank and extras.

Caleb

Well turns out my yellow lab whom I thought for sure was a male turned out to be female and is now holding. The father is either my five barred cichlid or a German red peacock. I would attach a pic but she's constantly hiding so I'll describe her. She has a very prominent black stripe on the dorsal fin unlike other females who have the more faded stripe, a striking gold body with the hint of silvery blue in some spots, egg spot, and black on most of her other fins.

Moved my bubble wall and checked nitrates. Around a 10. Hoping I will finish this cycle soon. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Stared at my tanks for a little bit, lol. Then got a new glass top for my 20 gallon. Watched my new synodontis petricola swim around the tank, and even the ocellatus didn't bother them, unless the synos bumped into the occies, but the occies only flared up. The funny thing is that whenever the male sees the female even remotely close to his territory, he will flare up and chase her out, but will let the synos just swim around his territory. Gotta love Shellie's!

Sent via echolocation

Got 3 Turquoise Rainbows today, beautiful trio.

Found that a visit to a newer SW fish store was a disappointment where the guy was recommending fish that needed a school and got to be 3-4 inches for my 6.6G Edge tank.

I did see a Captive bred White Mask Angel which was said to be a 20K fish!!! and a Somekind of Electric Neon wrasse which they said was 3K. For a FISH. It was really beautiful.

Going to hit some new stores in my state today, not really looking for anything special but have a few hours to burn this afternoon so figured why not. Always looking for new places

Back
Top Bottom